Claw games for lobsters

BlueGum

Over in the Bulk Vending forum, jb5880 asked, "What are the best three candies for triples?" The Mage answered, "Lobsters," and provided a photo of a Japanese Sub Marine Catcher claw game filled with lobsters.

That reminded me of a Lobster Zone game I saw last summer at a tourist oriented seafood restaurant in Florida. I snapped a photo so I would remember to research it when I returned home. My findings are at http://www.pinballclicks.com/article/2009/win-lobster-claw-machine-56

Briefly, there are two companies making these games in the United States: Love Maine Lobster Claw and Lobster Zone.

The discussion in this forum last year covered most of the issues. In the right location, the game can earn a lot of money. The initial game cost is high and the lobsters are perishable. Some people object to treating lobsters as a prize to win and eat. PETA has organized Lobster Liberation to help the lobsters.

What's your point?  Why did you bring this topic up again?

My point was to respond to The Mage in a more appropriate forum than Bulk Vending and to inform that two American manufacturers now provide lobster claw machines.