IM GETTING BURNED BY MY LOCATING COMPANY WHAT DO YOU THINK

westlakevending

HELLO VENDORS,

WELL I HAVE A CURRENT SITUATION GOING ON WITH MY LOCATING COMPANY THAT IM NOT TO HAPPY WITH.

I HAD THE COMPANY LOCATE ME 15 LOCATIONS AND OUT OF THE 15 LOCATIONS ONLY 3 OF THEM ARE MAKING 20.00+ AND THE REST ARE DUDS MAKING LESS THAN 10.00.

NOW I PAID 45.00 PER LOCATION AND EACH MACHINE LOCATION THAT I RECIEVED IS LESS THAN 60 DAYS OLD. THE LOCATOR RESPONDED BACK AND STATED IF I WANTED THEM RELOCATED THEY WOULD CHARGE ME 10.00 PER LOCATION.

I FEEL IM BEING RIPPED OFF BECAUSE THE LOCATIONS I RECIEVED ARE ALL DUDS MORELESS AND IM OUT MY LOCATING FEE COST AND NOW IVE GOT TO PAY ANOTHER 150.00 (10.00 * 15 LOCATIONS) IF I WANT THE LOCATOR TO RELOCATE THE MACHINES. I PAID 675.00 FOR THE LOCATIONS NOW HE WANTS ANOTHER 150.00 TOTALING 825.00 IN TOTAL LOCATING FEES TO RELOCATE THE ONES HE JUST SENT ME LESS THAN 60 DAYS AGO.

SO BASICALLY I SPENT 675.00 AND IVE GOT 15 CRAPPY LOCATIONS.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO PAY ANOTHER 150.00 TO HAVE THE ORGINAL LOCATIONS REPLACED OR CUT MY LOSSES AND GET A NEW LOCATOR.?

Well... A lot of locators do not have performance guarantees.

You say it will cost $10 for each to get re-located. A new locator will charge a lot more than $10 / machine.

So cheaper to use the same locator again, and a gamble (and more money) to get a new locator.

Rock-(you)-Hard Place.

ok, I understand where you are coming from, but I am guessing this isnt your first 60 days in business, and as you know you have the right to refuse the location, rather then placing it. If you have a few locations under you belt, you have an idea when a location isnt going to be great, and I am sure you are to that point. $10 for a relocation is cheap though. when you go through the process this time, be more selective. I dont know what else to tell you. the locator is on the up contractually.

yes all poor performers

Not to be a jerk, but if you were paying 45$ per, why not get them Rob with guarantees? Your locator sounds like he stinks, and I'd be raging and declining payment on grounds of service not as described. (I've rarely had to request new locations under the guarantees, because the original location is at least decent, and often very good) Rob and Jackie have never done me wrong, and it astounds me how people go out and try locators who have not been recommended on the board....

Also, what kind of locations are these? Do you have good products with displays there? Are they places that look like they should stink? Was your caps lock broken when you e-mailed them (sorry but it really sets the wrong tone)? If you are vending runts/good and plenty in the front of a restaurant, that's your fault. If he stuck you by 5 other machines, or in a dying location, it's his fault. Good locators know how much business a location does and can project the most likely expectations for your revenue.

This is why you don't have a locator find accounts for you. If you did it yourself there would be no one to blame but yourself and it didn't cost you anything if they don't work out. You have to pick accounts you want a locator to get for you. You can't just tell them to go out and find any old account. You should go around the area you want accounts and watch those account, see if they are busy accounts, do they have families with kids shopping in them. Are there business people or blue collar workers shopping the stores, etc. A locator does not have the time to study the buying habits of these accounts. It's all about the number of accounts they can get authorized for placement. That's their business. The last thing you need is a bunch of under preforming accounts. Anyone can get those type of accounts.

Gary