When to ask for a replacement location?

zanygames

Hey guys,

I have placed several machines with the locators that support these forums.

At 30 days I will do my first run and post the numbers.

I have a three head machine or a four head vendesign bulk candy machine at these locations.  

I am selling a combo of these items: MMP, MM, RP, SK, Mike depending on the location and machine.

All machines are like new, new stickers, etc.

I purchaed the replacement deal when I paid for placements, which is good for the 90 days on a percentage of my locations I think.

Some of these locations I would never have thought would do well, but I am new, and a living breathing person works there so maybe they will buy a bunch of candy each month from my machine and I'll get above the average each month.

I have read here the average (per head) is $7.  I can't imagine these locations I have placed are going to hit that.  

That is $21 for my tripples and $28 for my vendesign four heads.  

I have a gut feel I am going to go back in a month and pull $4 and toss $40 a few months later in bad candy.

I hope this is not the case, but I have started just putting on Sams bag of product in each head and not filling machines up until I know.  

What amount would you keep a location with these type machines and what amount would you ask a vending placement service to relocate?

You're going to have to check the fine print on each locators guarantee. It will vary from one to the other. Some locators don't have any guarantee at all, some use the national average($7.00), some maybe a little higher, like $10 a month.You really need to discuss it with each locating service.

If you ordered from Rob (kickstart), he no longer specifies the minimum for machines. He lets you make the call. He says up to 30% may be replaced for poor performance. I have never had an issue with him, and he dealt with replacements in a timely manner. I give him the benefit of the doubt with locations. I'll only turn away something he gives me if one of the following is true:

1. I have a machine there

2. I had a machine there previously and pulled it

3. The place is filled with empty machines and looks like it is going to go out of business (don't want mine stolen)

4. I do not feel safe in the environment

I have rarely had those things happen. Rob is as good at guessing which locations will be good from a distance as I am when I am standing in it. For that, he deserves the benefit of the doubt with new locations. Candy is good for quite a few months if you avoid sun light. If something does 4$ in 30 days, ask for a replacement. He'll have it to you within 1-2 weeks, and you can put the machine there. Odds are you will be in a good location quick enough to not lose any candy to spoilage. In my year in business, I've had one batch of skittles get miscolored (sunlight). My primary source of wasted product, is spilling it on the floor at home. Then it becomes snacks for my wife and me...

Dont put some much product in your machines! no one ever said they MUST be filled to the top upon placement....also, if you have vendstars, if the location blows, dump some of the product back out into a ziplock or some other container, and use it elsewhere. I limit my machines, except for a few upper echelon locations, to approximately 25 dollars in product. some I keep as little as $10 (these need relocated) I have very few that get a top off...

JP

As far as asking for a replacement, you want to go in and check it at 30 days to see the locations progress. if its total crap, ask for a replacement right then. if its 20-30 check it at 60 days and make sure it maintains. when you ask for a replacement, dont expect to get it as fast as the original. keep the machine on the location that is getting replaced until you have secured a new one for it. you might as well make a few dollars in that time frame, it makes zero in your garage....