Beaver Tri-Towers Placement Check?

West Coast Vend LLC

I am just checking around to see if anyone has been to Best Buy lately. The one near me in Southern California has a huge Beaver Double Decker Tri-tower unit with all sorts of 2" toys and candy. It is located in the lobby between the outside doors and the inside doors. I didn't ask the store manager about it but what a placement!

I will check with him to see how it got there after Thanksgiving. If it didn't go through corporate I will be all over BEST BUY.

Gary

http://www.westcoast-vend.com

Well, it sounds like they are coast-to-coast. I guess I have never noticed them before I started looking at every store as a possible location for MY vending machines. It's funny how I scan every shopping center to see if there are any good locations for vending machines. Just when I thought I had tried every area another one or two come along. It's amazing how many poorly serviced vending machines there are out there. I am proud to say that my service is world class and that makes it easy when I replace those other guys and gals.

Gary

If your area has a store that really does well it would do some big bucks. The one near me that has this big towering unit may be a little to much for the traffice flow. That's why it has so many toy-filled towers and only a couple of small vending globes attached to it for candy. I am going to check the other stores in my area to see if they have them this weekend.

Gary

Orchard between 13 and 14?

One of my old accounts.  Should have been an Oak Tri and a Hot Shop 6 column sticker.  the KMart next door?  One of mine.

you name a big box in our area and I've probably serviced the bulk there.

these things are pretty reasonable as far as pricing goes. i am gonna take a look at the best buys around here where I live and if I dont see any i will inquire about placing some. I bet they do a whopping biz!

Mike

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion.  my "best" Best Buy averaged around 125 a month.  And that was running stickers too.  I did have one that would do in the 300 range during the summer, but that was a bulk 10 rack with a 6 column sticker machine.

Standard racks (IMO) with smaller capacity heads closer to the cash registers do better in most any store.  Those Beaver single tris hold between 400 and 750 2" caps.  If you guess the product wrong, you're out a lot of cash with a really slow payback.

Those Beaver Tris run around 1500 a pop...big gamble.

For that price offer a crane. Make that $200 in the first week.

Kyle

Kyle, what size crane and product are you running?  Who are you getting your product from and how far ahead have you ordered with the upcoming holiday season?

If you haven't ordered your Valentines day stuff, you're behind the 8 ball...

I am running 31"cranes, and 7" to 11" plush. We ordered our valentines stuff back in Oct. with out Christmas stuff. Received both. We have also pre-orderd our Easter stuff, will not get that until February. C2C is our plush distributor. United, for our cranes. We try to put them out a good month before the holiday, order them 3 to 4 months ahead.

Kyle