Help, machines pitting out free candy.

showme vending

Hey guys,

i have a question. i have recieved 2 phone calls from 2 different locations that the machines I have places are spitting out free candy when the machin is shaken. They both say that when you put the quarter in the machine and turn it it works fine but when shaken it gives out free candy. What can be the cause of this?

I clean all the machines before I put them out. Could I be putting that machine back together wrong? Does the coin mech need adjusting? Has anything like this happened to any of you before?  Please adivse. Thanks all.

Mike

Mike,

Check to make sure the springs are all there and make sure the wheel is not in backwards. Meaning, If the machine were empty you should not readily see the springs when looking at the machine from the front.

Also ensure that your holes are lined up correctly on the wheel.

It was really good of them to call you.

Steve

I think I found the problem. For some reason when there is  alot of candy inside the machine and it is shaken violently the springs bend back and allow cany to pass through them. I went and put tape around them so they are solid and dont move and this seems to have done the trick.

The locations are the kitchen of a bennigans restaurant and the breakroom of a sears department store. I know its kids that are doing it. Trying to get candy for free. I put the tape in there and shook it up and down and rocked it back and forth and picked it up and shook it and this seems to have done the trick. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Thanks for the replies all.

Mike