Machine Life

sweetgypsy

With an eye toward the future, I'm sure we can all see 50 cent candy in the not so distant horizon. I saw Candyman address this somewhere and I wonder about other venders opinions.

What is the typical machine life? They seem pretty solid and indestructible so I'm thinking maybe 15 years. What happens with inflation? A whole new fleet? Are you guys saving a portion of your profits to put into  upgrades and it's just the cost of doing business? Will I be able to change out the coin drop mechanism?

Beth

Beth,

I depreciate my machines over 5 years. That is the standard lifespan of our machines in the eyes of the IRS. There is a depreciation worksheet in the tools section of member PLUS. Granted, with the proper care they can last much longer.

As far as the .50 mech's, most manufacturers will sell you mech's in most common denominations. Beaver for example offers 1,2,3,and 4 coin mech's.

Steve

I dont know for sure about all of them but I do know the following for sure...

Beaver - see post above

Oak Vista - Offers .50

Big Oak - Offers .50, .75, 1.00

NW offers .50, .75, 1.00, .05 and .10 mech's

I'm almost certain that Seaga also offers .50's but have no first hand experience of them.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Great, thanks! Yeah I believe the manufacturers are well ahead of us in terms of preparing for a price increase.

Back to Beth's original question, who here is running, or considering anything other than .25 mech's on candy or GB heads?

Steve 

I know at least two of us here run Loonie machines, but that's Canadian eh!

(And yes one canister is Pm&m only four of them are gourmet choices JB)

Also I have some loonie mechs for the Beavers and will try it at a few locations one of these days if I ever get caught up on my projects.

Grumpy

caserri wrote:

Great, thanks! Yeah I believe the manufacturers are well ahead of us in terms of preparing for a price increase.

Back to Beth's original question, who here is running, or considering anything other than .25 mech's on candy or GB heads?

Steve