Jelly Belly Gum Balls

T BIRD

I ordered a case of Jelly Belly gumballs from TJ King for around $28 and change.  It's the 850 count box.  How many heads does that fill?  I have yet to place gum balls but I will soon.

Also.......A little while back there was a discussion about taste etc.  Is JB's product tastier and better ( longer lasting ) then Double Bubble and other top brands? I know they are about $7-$8 more per case. 

Johnny,

You should be able to load about 4 globes with 850 GB. I usually put anywhere between 200 to 250 GB in a head. Remember though that I don't fill my heads to the top and the size of the globes vary from machine to machine. This is a good estimate though.

Steve

Thanks Steve.  I chewed about 4 pieces last evening.  I am not terribly impressed with the Jelly Belly brand especially since it is more expensive.  I expected the taste to last longer which it did not.

Thanks Steve.  I chewed about 4 pieces last evening.  I am not terribly impressed with the Jelly Belly brand especially since it is more expensive.  I expected the taste to last longer which it did not.

I am a sucker for the JB gumballs.  I have to keep my stock well out of sight to prevent shrinkage :)  I think they last about two or three times as long as the Double Bubble brand, and taste about 18 times better, but that's just my opinion.  I am on my 2nd box.

-Lucero

Hey Johnny,

I have tried a few "gourmet" type gumballs, just as a test, and still find the regular cheap DB gum balls still the fastest movers. You can't beat the price at Sam's on regular DB balls. You make about $.23 on every quarter that is loaded in to your machine.

I would only use the specialty gumballs, with special flavors, in locations where you have other vendors using DB balls and you want to have an edge on the competition. Some of those Long Beach & Oceanside people have gourmet taste so good luck.

Gary

• 6 months later...