Locating Without a Machine

bacho

Has anyone located a machine without a machine? In other words, you finally locate your first machine but tell the client it will be placed next week. I'm thinking of doing that because of being skeptical about getting into a business that may not be for me. After the machine is secured in a location, I can work from there.

First of all........welcome aboard! 

You can do that if you want.  Just be aware that the sooner you place the machine after getting a       ' yes '  from the location, the better.

Bacho,

Johnny is right, the sooner the better but that doesn't mean you will lose the location every time if you wait a week.

I have done this before as well. I know that when I order Seaga, my order is usually at my door in 4 days. If I find a location without having a machine I simply tell the location that I am just out securing locations and that I will deliver a brand new machine in about 5 business days. Most don't really care if and when the machine arrives. Just make sure that before you leave that they tell you where to put it when it does come in. That way you will know where it goes when you get it. Then go to the location and go in, place it, and leave. You don't what to be asking anyone where to put it because that just turns into a sales pitch again and gives them an excuse to say they don't want it now. This is one occasion when you don't want to be too social because they might change their minds.

After the machine has been there for a month and they realize the benefit of it they will be less likely to kick you out. Thats when you can socialize a bit while servicing. Just make sure you do not disrupt their business while servicing.

Steve

Thanks for the welcome, Johnny. I don't plan to do that with every machine, just the first one or two. Money is a little tight right now.

Thanks for the tip Steve. You answered my next question. I was wondering how long it took for a machine to arrive after ordering it. I figured about a week but 4 days is even better.

Craig

Remember though that I said Seaga's. I have heard reports of other manufacturers taking weeks to deliver a machine. Also, a lot depends on your area of the country.

Steve

I actually started out in a very similar situation. Always working and very tight with my money. I found my location, got approved by the manager at the dealership...he told me where to place it, and I told him I would have it there in a week. I had the machine at home, but did not have the time to get the candy yet because I am working two jobs 7days a week and going to school. When I finally found time a week later, went right in and placed it and now it has been 5 months making me about 55-70 bucks a month. After about 4months, I invested some savings from the machine in addition from my job and bought a small route of 11 on location and placed another at a resturant the following week. Now I have a total of 13 on location. Basically if you are tight on money get you several machines and slowly build your way up like I am. One day, if you don't let your hope go down you have be like "Caserri" :) and have a ton of them. This board has more than enough information and support for your business. Any questions, I know we are all here to help out. By the way Welcome aboard!!!

Thanks for the welcome, kaiwakong. That's what I plan on doing. 55-75 bucks on the first machine will encourage me to build faster. Hope I have that kind of luck with my first location.

Steve, that's another thing I was worried about. The company may say 4-5 business days and two weeks later I still don't have my machine. I'm thinking about buying a used machine on ebay but that won't be until after the first of the year. Christmas created a huge hole in my pocketbook.

55-70 is very good for my first machine, but consider it being a Uturn 8 selection... a dumb and large investment. Its an okay machine, but i think i could have done better with anyother machine. Make sure you spend a little more on a better qualitiy machine. My next batch of machines will be XYZ machines.

• 3 years later...

Bacho,Johnny is right, the sooner the better but that doesn't mean you will lose the location every time if you wait a week.I have done this before as well. I know that when I order Seaga, my order is usually at my door in 4 days. If I find a location without having a machine I simply tell the location that I am just out securing locations and that I will deliver a brand new machine in about 5 business days. Most don't really care if and when the machine arrives. Just make sure that before you leave that they tell you where to put it when it does come in. That way you will know where it goes when you get it. Then go to the location and go in, place it, and leave. You don't what to be asking anyone where to put it because that just turns into a sales pitch again and gives them an excuse to say they don't want it now. This is one occasion when you don't want to be too social because they might change their minds.

After the machine has been there for a month and they realize the benefit of it they will be less likely to kick you out. Thats when you can socialize a bit while servicing. Just make sure you do not disrupt their business while servicing.Steve 

I just did this one week ago and placed the machine today!

Archived