Dixie Narco 276 DBA problem

Ok I am kind of getting annoyed with this little location that I have.  I have a Dixie Narco 276 single price 6 selection machine there. 

Changer- Coinco 9300 SD or SO I dont know but 110 volts 60 Frequency

Refurbished Mars BA30B

So I put in the refurbished DBA that I just got into the machine just simply by connecting the old Jones plug.  This is was all that was needed to hook up the DBA to the coinco changer.  Well problem is when I put a dollar bill into the DBA, it would somewhat accept it but then it would spit it back out.  Or another words I guess it basically rejects the bill.  I'm not sure why exactly it does this. So heres my theories.......

1.The setting for the DBA could not be set right. 

Well I tried to open up the main swith board for this DBA by removing 1 screw but it still wouldn't let me remove the lid.  I don't know how to remove the lid in order to make sure my settings on the DBA are correct (accept $1 bills at least).  Removing 1 screw apparently isn't enough.

2.The coin changer is somewhat malfunctioning improperly.

The coin changer does actually give back change like its supposed to to the customer.  The quarters go directly to the cash box.  But I believe the Lo .25 is on so thats why.  All buttons work fine in removing coins from the changer except there is I think a small issue with the quaters.  All though it does give quarters when you press the .25 button.

I believe that possibly the sensors could be a little dirty so I will have to clean them.  I dont know if this will help though.

Any help would be appreciated.  I am not sure if it is my DBA or my coin changer that is'nt working right.  A member here said that its more likely the coin changer.

I don't want to keep on asking you guys for help, but the problem is this is an outside machine and theres no outlet outside so I can only go during business hours.  I don't want to have to be there so much with customers always coming and going.  It's just a little paranoia I guess I have.  This time I want to go and have the problem fixed without bothering them I guess.

anybody else have any thoughts..........i am really curious as to what the problem is............i talked to gekay sales and service and they said that its probably the coin changer............he said that they would rarely send customers a DBA that is'nt functioning properly..............he also said that the setting in the switch board should already be set for recieving $1 bills so that should'nt be the problem either.............he also said that they have my coinco changer for as little as even $25.............that is pretty cheap..............i just hate paying shipping and handling