Excel Location Services

deee_z

Overall, I am a  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Overall, I am a

• Satisfied Customer
    • Neutral Customer
    • Un-Satisfied Customer

Really the only question I have, is if they are truly that bad, why on earth would you continue to use them for years, unless over time, the service gradually declined.

I don't have any experience with them at all, but I'm the first to tell you that if I get a bad experience from the start, I won't go back.  If the locator has proven it's worth, but messes up once, I'll give them another shot once, but after that,  I will look elsewhere.

Please elaborate on your experience.

I will hold off for now until the job is complete.  The locations are set on a gaurantee to replace at anytime for a 50% of the original price.  I had one guy locate in person and got me some bad spots, 2 closed up within a month of me placing my machines.  Attempts to contact the SOB went unanswered, so I called the Bossman.  The lady working them now has been discussed by some other vendors prior to me posting here.  I gave her a zip code in a town of 50,000 plus and she locates the thing in a town of less than 500, way out in the sticks.  I asked her to locate it closer to the city, and her response was it was in the zip code you gave me.  She stopped answering emails.  It is a shame, ya, doubt I will be using this group again.

• 3 months later...

First of all, not all of the locators he mentions were through Excel.  The reason he kept coming back,  he was getting replacement locations for free.  We finally decided enough was enough.  So the last time he called wanting eight locations.  We told him it would have to be done under his guarantee, which is half price and that would amount to $30 per machine.  But he cried and he cried and he cried.  So we offered to do the eight locations for $15 each.  He selected the zip codes, we gave him eight locations, then he started complaining that one of the locations was too far.  Checking MapQuest.  It was only a mile from a location he did accept.

This is the first time, that I have been on this website, I didn't even know it existed.  This complaint caught me completely by surprise.  Excel, just gave him another location today. (Free of charge) If I had known about this complaint.  I would have never given him a location. You just can't do enough for some people.

Excel

It sounds like the two of you have issues to work though. Deee_z, it's important that you let us know that you are having issues with a particular company. You have good reason to be upset with the service you have received from Excel. From the sounds of Bamafan, he has given you what you asked for. Bamafan joined these forums a day ago. I guess he knew you where going to post a negative review and he is defending his company. (we would all do that). This post could go back and forth for days so may I make a suggestion?

Why don't you meet with him or call him again and try to discuss your expectations. You should have some kind of a contract that lists all the benefits you will receive from Excel and in turn they should list exactly what you are going to receive from them. These two list should match. If they don't, once the job is complete, than those are the issues that where not meet by the written contract that you both agreed upon. If at that point Excel does not correct the issues, the negative review should remain.

Gary

Well, today I did get the final location from Excel, and Ed, you think I was crying, let's have a face to face pal!  It took your scumbag locators 4 months to get the 8 locations that the first scumbag screwed all to hell.  Your mapquest is way off too my friend.  I am done with you and your outfit.

Deeee.......your language diminishes what you are trying to point out.

Agreed,

Dee, I understand you are upset but please refrain from name calling on the public board. If you are truly trying to help others steer clear of this company, the words you are using do nothing for your cause. I believe I mentioned in the sticky in this section that hateful remarks or name calling is not acceptable. There are many negative locator reviews here that have been very effective and none of them include name calling. I hope you understand what I am trying to say to you. 

Steve 

Archived