Placed my first two machines today!

dkochan

I placed my first two machines at a local shoe store today.  :)  Here is my story...

I walked into the store this morning and asked to speak to the manager.  I introduced myself and told her that I own a small vending company and that I work with the National Children's Cancer Society.  She asked me if I worked with the March of Dimes.  I told her no but, I would find out if they had a vending program.  I then asked when I could stop by again.  She told me Friday. 

I researched the March of Dimes and determined that the March of Dimes does not have a vending program.  Since I was driving by the store again I put two single head gumball machines in my truck because I was planning to place a gumball machine at the shoe store and my local bank. 

I stopped by this afternoon and asked to speak to the same manager again.  I informed her that the March of Dimes does not have a vending program but, I would be willing to donate 25% of my monthly sales to the March of Dimes.  The manager agreed so she and I  signed the placement agreement.  Afterwards, I placed a gumball machine on each side of the front door.  The manager then asked if I could put M&M's in one of the machines.  I told her that I would stop by later this week to put M&M's in one of machines. 

I will stop by tomorrow or the next day to replace one my gumball machines with one filled with M&M's.  I placed Amerivend Apollo17 single-head machines at this location.

Wow! That's excellent! Once you place that first machine, (in your case, two machines) you will be on your way to building a route. Now, when you go to the next location you should always reference other locations that you have. It tells the potential customer that you know what you are doing and that you have real vending business experience. The bigger the route gets the easiler it will be to get more accounts-you are building a portfolio!

Keep going and let us all know how things are going.

Gary