The fall of..."FOLZ"

AmuseStar Vending Co

I find that amazing also. You do have to understand, he did that because the had something no one else did at the time. He was vending toys, that was unheard of at the time. That is how he got the locations he did, by doing something NO ONE ELSE DID. I am looking for something no one else does, but I'm not having much luck. 

Your welcome Steve!

Kyle

The article is is somewhat deceptive. Folz Vending is not going out of business. They sold out a while ago and kept Folz's old headquarters as a regional office/warehouse etc... This article is about this building no longer being used for these purposes. The machines on location are still Folz/Coinstar machines.

The article is is somewhat deceptive. Folz Vending is not going out of business. They sold out a while ago and kept Folz's old headquarters as a regional office/warehouse etc... This article is about this building no longer being used for these purposes. The machines on location are still Folz/Coinstar machines.

I may actually try to get inside if they let me.  Would love to take a couple of pics.

The wife and I had the pleasure of meeting Roger this year at BOSS. Let me tell you the man is very aproachable and extremely knowledgeable about the vending business. With the death of one of his sons, there was no heir apparent for the Folz business. That is what prompted him most to sell. I'm sure that with the recent actions of Coinstar he regrets his decision.

Roger is a genuine and loveable man that eats, drinks, and breathes this business. If it wasn't for him we would all be straddled with sales taxes. Think about that one for a minute.

To give you an example of his oppenness, he distributed a sheet at the show that outlined his revenue for each year in business. How many business owners do you know that would do that ?

I don't think he did this to brag about his accomplishments but rather to show what can be done if one is eager to make their mark. One has to remember that he alone is the most successfull bulk vendor of all time.

In 1949 when he started Foz Vending with 600 dollars that was a gret sum of money. He risked it all on a dream and venture. Selling nuts for 5 cents a hand full. Imagine that !

That short fat old man is worth more per pound than gold ! And the highlight of our meeting was seeing my wife walk arm in arm with him discussing the two dollar bill !  Priceless !

Craig

Great !  It will be an experience you will not soon forget. It's like Nascar fans meeting Richard Petty, or boxing fans meeting George Forman. Anyway you get my meaning. To be sucessfull one must listen to others that have come before.

Craig