New and Taking Notes

TheBiz

Hello,

I want to thank you all for the wealth of information provided on this forum! I've literally been taking pages of notes.

I am looking to get started in bulk vending but I never do anything unless I put TONS and TONS of research into it so I won't be starting for awhile.

Right now I am trying to figure out the legal aspects and I must admit I am a bit confused. I am in VA. I already have a LLC (I'm in web development and marketing) and I don't see a reason to register another one so I plan on getting a DBA for the vending side and just running everything under the same LLC, bank account, etc.

Sales tax is what is confusing me as I can't really find anything that spells it out for me. I did search for vending at http://www.policylibrary.tax.virginia.gov and I got some results but I still don't have the answers to my questions such as the basic procedures and if there are any exemptions based on price point, etc because I really don't want to be filing monthly tax statements if I am making $20 a month.

So any insight is appreciated!

Welcome to the forum, Biz. Keep up the research and also check into your local city or county codes for vending info. May I suggest you just start out as a single sole propieter to keep things simple untill you are sure that bulk vending is for you. If you want to read some really confusing legal lingo, here's a link. Good luck to ya !

Link: http://law.justia.com/virginia/codes/toc5801000/58.1-614.html

Hi Islander,

Do you think that operating under my current LLC is more complicated than operating as a sole proprietor? I was wondering if that would be the case but I wasn't quite sure.

I've checked out my county and I can't find anything about vending specifically. I'll keep digging though.