Just putting it all together,

skyviper73

Hi,

I'm just putting together a plan to get some bulk vending machines placed within the next month. My plan is to get 3 double head machines and 3 triple head machines. Since I'm new at this and just starting out, I want to see how this small head count works before going all in.

Can anyone give me any feedback on using a "Locating Service" to place the machines? Is this a smart business move, or would I be better off placing them myself?

Also, as to product selection, has anyone had any experience loading the triple head machines with all gumballs? Three different flavors and not worrying about the bulk candy at all? I guess it would all really depend on the location.

Thanks!

John

Hey Skyviper. Welcome to Vendiscuss.com. Please visit often.

I have triple-head machines and have never tried all gum balls. You are right, it really would depend on the location. The profit margins are great with gumballs but if you keep the portions you give out, at the correct amount you can make some good money on candy also. The best thing about triples are that you can experiment with different products every month if you want, until you get the correct mix. The best for me is peanut m&m's, gumballs & Mike & Ike. You may find a different mix for your area is better. You just have to try it out.

As far as locators go, If you are having trouble placing machines they can be great. It's just finding the right ones that's important. Read through some of the locator post and you can decide. They do cost money so doing it yourself if you can is the best way to go.

Welcome

Gary

I am just a newbie, but In my opinion if you get a good locator. I think it's worth it.   They are professionals, and that's what they do.  I mean if you have time to piss away to try to do it yourself and do your own locating go for it! but every minute is precious to me as far as providing for my family so my main focus is on my current business. I think and this is just my opinion. Successful people always hire professionals in any business instead of trying to do it yourself. Like I said locating machines would not be my expertise, so I would not try it unless I already KNOW some business owners.

Geting a professional to do your locating is find. It does take a lot of time going out looking for your own accounts. I personally have the time and I am a professional salesperson so I find it very easy to find my own locations. I never used a locator but I keep reading on the forums about locators that don't do what they say they are going to do. There are enough obstacles in the business that can cost you extra money that you didn't expect. I just don't need another. Just do your homework before you hire anyone and you should be just fine.

Gary