best way to count quarters?

jasonvending

welcome to the board jason.

honestly you need to wait until you have many, many, many more machines out there before you worry about a counter.

I understand, but won't it be awkward to count the quarters one by one in front of the owner to give him his 25%?

jasonvending wrote:

welcome to the board jason.

honestly you need to wait until you have many, many, many more machines out there before you worry about a counter.

I understand, but won't it be awkward to count the quarters one by one in front of the owner to give him his 25%?

if you feel you need something go to office max and get some plastic quarter tubes for 5 bucks

Walmart and other stores sell a cheapie coin counter by Royal Sovereign. It's electric and sells for about 75 bucks. You won't want to take it on locations but it's great for counting your coins at home. You can take one of the quarter tubes with you to quick count for commissions on location.

We ran over 60,000 quarters thru one of these before I had to take it apart and clean it out. I ran over 100,000 quarters thru it all told, before we upgraded to a professional counter.

chuck

Walmart and other stores sell a cheapie coin counter by Royal Sovereign. It's electric and sells for about 75 bucks. You won't want to take it on locations but it's great for counting your coins at home. You can take one of the quarter tubes with you to quick count for commissions on location.

We ran over 60,000 quarters thru one of these before I had to take it apart and clean it out. I ran over 100,000 quarters thru it all told, before we upgraded to a professional counter.

chuck

I have a Royal Sovereign, not sure if it's the one chuck is talking about.  It's the model FS-4DA.  It's coin loader has a capacity of about 600 coins, and it sorts "up to" 300 or so a minute.  I originally found it for $250 bucks, but after some lucky searching, discovered it at my local Sam's on sale for $85.  It has 4 rows of each type of coin, and automatically pushes out a row when a certain coin type has filled.  Works for me!  Of course, I'm not moving hundreds of thousands of coins yet :-D