Newbie From Long Island

Doug D

Hello group,

I'm Doug from Long Island.  I'm considering jumping into the vending business & have read just about every post on this great site. I've pestered a few of the members via private emails & they have been most helpful.

I retired from the NYPD in 2004 after 20 great years & have started a medical alarm business ( I've fallen & can't get up..) which is going pretty well. It looks like a good business in that the world is aging and many people are living home alone. Medical alarms also have something similar to vending, and that is RMR (recurring monthly revenues).

I'm also a licensed PI and do that when my phone rings.

I guess I'm never satisfied & get bored if I'm not busy. I have free time on my hands & am on the road a lot so I figure vending would be a good fit. In the near future I'm planning to buy a few machines and attempting to locate them.

I look forward to talking to you guys & girls.

Sincerely,

Doug D.

I'm a newbie as well, welcome to the site.

It's great.  If you think the posts are great wait until you get into the Members PLUS Section where you can download eBooks and such (you need 10+ posts to get in there).

Cheers,

Anton.

That's funny, I lived there for about 15 years and moved to Sayville up until 2006. I now live in San Diego. I retired after 32 years with the same company. I am about 10 years older than you.

P.S. Only people who lived there now how to pronounce or spell Ronkonkoma correctly.

Is Ronkonkoma the area that you are going to place machines?

Gary