Craig's List

bacho

Has anyone tried or thought about advertising their business on Craig's List? I figure it's worth a try and best of all it's FREE. If anyone has, what kind of a response did you get? I'm thinking of doing this when I get started.

I also thought about advertising a part-time Commissioned Locator job on there if I have problems locating the machines. My thinking is to attract a college student looking to make extra cash in their spare time. I'd draw up a training manual and a categorized list of places ranging from $10 to $30. I would meet with the salesman to place the machine to make sure he/she wasn't trying to scam me. This way you could place multiple machines at a place and not have to pay per machine like you do with professional locators. Just a thought. ;)

Pretty cool advertisement, Steve. Good way to capture the heart, using your daughter as a sales ploy. I will word it differently because he/she is already commiting to a percentage package. My heading would be "Attention Business Owners and Managers". Then I will advertise my business and non-profit charity organization in the body.

If you decide to do it, let me the results.

Oh, I forgot to mention the wood stands that are displayed in the ad. It got me to thinking about making my own stands also. I have all the wood working tools and scroll saw to make a nice one. My thinking is it might look more attractive in a high class resturaunt.