Bulk Stands

Zeke

Anybody run Bulk stands?  Need info on 35" Impulse bulk stands....includes stand , 3 column sticker machine, (2)  2" capsule heads, and (4) bulk head singles.  They are asking for 835.00 for the deal plus 2 year warranty.  does not include shipping.  I have a possibility of putting out 35 of them over short period.  Would have to finance the deal.  The contract would be 3 years from Jan 15th.  Plus I have to pay a locator fee of 250.00.  I am also running cranes and possible kiddie rides with them.  I am not that familiar with the bulk side, so I just want to make sure the return on my investment  is good.  To aquire the deal I would have to buy from Impulse.

Thanks

Zeke

I think that price point is close to what you could get with other manufactures. You need to also add in the cost of the locator. If that price includes a decent location then I think you have done well. Care to share with us all how to go about getting this deal ?

Craig

Keke,

I am going to buy just about the same set ups next week from http://www.Candymachines.com

Their prices $869 is about the same as everyone else. Their 10 column comes build already. The only thing I will have to pay extra is shipping. They will also give you discounts for larger quantities.

The only one better is Amerivend but they are out-of-stock on everything.

Gary

Craig, the deal is with a national management company.  They were awarded the Safeway account nationally which is estimated over 1500 stores.  I would typically be a subcontractor of the deal.  The only problem is that I would have to purchase all equipment through their "Guy" , and if I had to finance the deal it also would go through their "guy".  The location fee and their commision would also be part of the deal.  Commission is 7% for the management company and 30% to the location for skill cranes, its 42% total commission for the Bulk vending, and 55% for the kiddie rides.   This business is all about locations.  I used to run a route of Safeways with skill cranes back in the 90's in the Maryland, Virginia, DC area.  I know that they a re a good location.  So for me it's worth taking a shot.  I just wanted to know if the equipment was worth buying.  42% seems like a ton of cash for bulk.  Does this sound right?  I don't mind the extra 7% for the skill cranes( I usually give 30%) due to the locations being solid, but 42% foro bulk seems high.  

Thanks

Zeke

I'm assuming this is the stand you are required to buy:

http://www.bhmvending.com/Amusements/Impulse%20Industries/impulse_Designer35_Rack.html

If you break down the value of each piece of equipment, you are pobably overpaying but it's not a complete ripoff.

As far as the other aspects of the deal, unfortunately 42% and $250 placement fee is in line with what it takes to get a store like a Safeway. Sometimes the rate is lower and the fee is higher but you're in the ballpark.

My biggest problem here is you don't have enough equipment to maximize your sales. At a bare minimum you need a 9 stand and a 4 column sticker in an average safeway. The better stores would require even more equipment. You are giving them only two - 2 inch capsule machines?:huh: Ridiculous.

The most important issue: Return on Investment.

Do the warranty + shipping bring the cost up to $1,000/stand?

Is there sales tax in the state(s) you are going to operate?

If we assume $3,000/year/store in sales. (And that might be overly optimistic.)- Do you have any experience merchandising toys and stickers? It seems not. It's not as easy as it looks. And you've only got 2 top cap machines and 3 sticker columns.

25% margin after Commission, COGS, Gas tolls and misc. expenses you can turn your $1000 into $2,250 plus whatever the used equipment is worth after 3 years (not much).

And that's pretty much a best case scenario, machines could get moved into bad spots, vandalism and our industry is in a negative trend right now, so it seems like a very marginal investment. If you are inexperienced with bulk vending I would recommend against this deal for you.

Finally, for reasons that I could explain if needed, there is a very slim chance that you will hold onto this location with the same equipment longer than your 3 year contract.

Do you have to take all of the equipment in a store or can you stick to the cranes?

Smiley, I'd rather just do cranes.  It's what I know.  But I would rather have a location with two pieces if I could afford it.  I appreciate your comments.  I have a couple of days to get it all sorted out.  Hopefully I will make a good decision. 

Zeke