Lew's Revenue Report

lew

These are my numbers since October 2007. I actually started out with 27 machines placed in October.  Three more machines were added in November which brought the total to 30 machines. In late November and early December three machines were moved due to poor performance.One machine was removed because the owner decided to place his own machine into the business which brought the total machines in service down to 26. The reports do not include the machines that were pulled out of service in those 3 months. The report only shows the active machines for that month. I have attached a report that shows all 30 machines which includes the out of service machines for those 3 months. In January 2008  there are actually 29 machines in place. I still need to place 2 more machines this month which would bring the total to 31 machines. All of my information has been placed into the Vend- Trak system. All attached reports are from that system. 

I have all triple head machines and used a locating service because of my work schedule.  I'm not very happy with the locator that I chose.  Some machines are not performing well so I'm trying to move the poor performing machines myself in order to get the maximum out of them. I did place the number of canisters into the Vend-Trak system and these are the result that came out. I've only used the system for a short time and I'm not sure if the system calculates the average per head. Are my numbers low?

• 2 weeks later...

January 2008 Location Earnings Report attached.

Made some product changes at a few locations and relocated 3 machines. Placed one new machine into service on January 31st bringing the total to 30.This machine will appear in next months report since no revenue has been collected from it. Sales have increased 150.00 for the month of January. 

Am I missing something...$501.75 collected divided by 29 locations comes to an average of $17.30.  Where does the $19.47 come from or how calculated??

Also, looks like every single location did less than the average.  Was this a slow or down month for you?  Doesn't seem so but the numbers are showing otherwise.

I looked back at the average on your Oct-Dec and having problems making sense of those also.  If I am correct you started in October so average on that accumulated spreadsheet should calculate out right but don't.

May need Vendtrak explain.

Yes, I started posting my revenue reports in October 2007 which is when I started. 

January 2008 is the second best month I've ever had collecting $501.75 from 29 machines. From October to December 2007 some machines were taken out of service and some placed back into service. The reports also show 24 to 26 machines in service for those three months. I'm not sure how the average is calculated but will ask Jeremy at Vend-Trak to explain it to me.

Just a point of clarification on the averages and how they are calculated.  We actually get this question every so often.  Basically, the average at the bottom is an average of the last column (the Avg/Month).  This column represents what you would collect if you collected the money on the last day of the month (hence, the "average").  Two machines may have produced $20 when they were serviced, and the average accounts for the length of time it took to make that $20.

I realize that you could just divide the total by the number of locations to get the average, but after considerable analysis and thought, we went this other way with it.  If you go to the thread below, you can see where we've addressed this same question for another user.

http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=500&forum_id=12 

very nice numbers Lew.  Where your at is pretty much where i want to be. I want 25-30 machines as a side income, and i like your numbers. including candy cost what was your income for the months of 10/1-12/31? do you have this calculated?

Scobrien,

It is a tough climb but it is worth it at the end. You'll get there eventually. :D  Take it one step at a time.

I have not figured out what the net income was for 2007 but I am working on it. I know I am still in the red and moving up slowly.  Will let you know what the net is when it is calculated. Good luck to you.:)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

I’m trying to expand past  30 machines but it isn’t easy . I  have lost some locations in the last few months and relocated some poor performers which  keeps me busy and near  the 30 machine level for now.

When I arrived to service the 30th machine in February  the sign at the location stated that the business was closed until March 3rd for renovations. This prevented  me  from  servicing the machine.  I am going to go there today to collect and relocate the machine. This business is one of my poor performers and the  records indicate that it’s time to move on.