Would love to see some sales pitches here!

quartermaine

Hello,

I am fairly new to this business however I have done much homework on this opportunity. I feel that the best way for me to quickly succeed is to have some help getting my initial machines out there. I would love to work with a reputable locator however the internet is full of stories about less than reputable ones. I would love to here some sales pitches right here. Where others can give opinions as well. Does this idea scare locators away? Are they uneasy about posting their services here for all to read? If so why?

Steve, Have you marketed this site to locating companies? What was the response? I just cant seem to understand why a company would pass up free advertising targeted at their prime potential customers.

Quartermaine,

Yes I have sent invites to about 30 or so locating companies. I have gotten 3 or 4 responses back saying they will check out the site in a few days.

I'm with you though, I would think that they would be happy to jump at free advertising but that doesn't seem the case here. Anyway, the offer still stands, for now.

Steve

quartermaine,

No still no go. I am trying to think of an incentive to get them here but I'm at a loss. Hopefully once we get more membership it will entice them to make an appearance.

I would love to have a few good locators here to interact with you guys and hopefully create a profitable atmosphere for all.

I will keep you updated.

Steve 

• 5 months later...

here is your pitch.

my name is phillip vernon (vernon vending services) i  have owned bulk machines since 1986 (started w/100 machines, buying 10 pr.mo.for first year then 20 pr.mo.for second yr.) 1/2 way through the second year the manufacturer we kept re-ordering the machines from called and inquired as to the locating company we were using?

i told him that i was securing the locations for my route.

He told me that they had sold 100 machines to a person and would i help them set up their route.

i did,

and when i went to meet the new client who had no experience in the vending business,i did the following for him.

(1) show how to assemble his equipment in an assembly fashon

(assembling one at a time takes forever and can be frustrating if you have a lot of machines)

(2) show how to find the most cost effective product in his area

(3) show how to service and repair his machines

(4) help find a  good charity to sponsor his machines

(some charities will take your money, send you a sticker for your machines,but if a business calls and they fall short in explaining how much money they get from the client,  (example) if they say "oh, they give us a dollar a month" its my experience you will lose the location. you want the charity to say "oh he is great , give him a try ,last year we made X amount of dollars on this vending program).

(5) explain what a good location is.

(strip malls are not necessarily the best place for your machines)

(6) teach what it takes to make the most money out of a location.

(just setting a machine in a location is not enough)

(7) teach how to access the territory

(show how to find on a street indexed map were a good area is)

(B) put him and wife in my car and go to the area we looked at on the map to see how i was to set the route up.

(a route should have a starting point and a working toward point,not a random"shot gun" effect, were you are driving 10 to 20 minutes inbetween locations)

(9) once we found the starting point for thier route, i then secured 110 locations in the area that we just looked at.

(he paid only for 100 locations. i gave him an additional 10 locations for free as a good faith gesture, if i got 100 locations and they all had 100 to 200 employees,5 %to 10%  would just not work for whatever reason,knowing this,based on my own routes,i feel it is the right thing to do.)

(10)teach the client how to secure locations for himself.

(teach the client the "pitch",what to say when he is standing in front of the boss)

(11)allow the client to ride with me for a day or to so that he can learn the approach.

(how to get to the person "boss" that can authorise the location.)

(12) once i secured 110 locations, i met the client at his house (thats where the machines were) showed him how to load the van so that we would not hurt the machines and more importantly not hurt our backs. (to deliver 10 machines in a day is one thing ,delivering 50 in one day is another.)

(13) we then got into the van and drove up to location #1, grabed the machine ,walked it in, sat it down, introduced him to the guys and we did that with all 100 machines.

(14) at the end i showed him where the extra 10 locations were to be placed.

(when i secured  the last 10 locations i told them that it would be 4 to 6 weeks before they would recieve their machines, this would give the client a chance to do some product changes to determine which locations needed to be moved,by doing this it allowed the client to just pick the machine up from point "a" and take it to point "b" wihout having to talk to anybody.)

naturally the last 10 locations are at the end of his route so it is not far from point"a"to point"b".

(15)teach the client how to keep track of what he did at each location.

( product changes and the levels that he left each machine so that he would not over fill the machine and end up with stale product, as well as how to figure out how much product to buy before servicing his machines).

at this point his business is completely set up and he posses an aditional 10 locations, should he have a few slow  producing locations, there is not anything that he will come across that he can not handle comfortably with confidence, from service, repair,or how to buy product.as well as having some training on the location process.

after 21 years, i still do the same for all of my clients.

it has always been my philosophy to teach the client as much as i can about the business that he has invested his hard earned money in.

for if he is successfull ,i am sucessfull,the vending mfg is sucessfull and we all win.

the problem that i see in this business is there is nobody in the buying  or locating process that will take the time to teach the client what it takes to set up and service a profitable vending route.

i dont know if it is because they don't know or they don't care.

the reason i believe the people that i set up are sucessfull ,is because i started with my own machines,hustling my own locations and figuring out how to do all the things i have touched on in this e mail.

i do everything i can so that they understand the business that they have just gotten into.

some people catch on quicker than others, this matters not to us, once we start a job we do not leave until  all the machines are on location, they posess an aditional 10% and they understand everything from buying product, service, repair,record keeping and locating process(if they have an intrest in locating).

we get locations, however, we do not put ourselves in the same class as a locating company,we are a vending service.

securing locations is only a part of what we do.

the business that we offer, is to not only get locations, but to completely establish their business, teaching the client about the business, hands on, as we establish their business for them.

in order to offer this service ,we can are unable to offer locations for the average $40 to$65  per location  because of the time it takes to "do it right".  depending on how many machines and where they are in the U.S.A. we charge arround $100 per location total .

if i can help anybody or you have some questions feel free to contact me anytime 24/7

phillip vernon

vernon71@gmail.com

(214)727-3901

i am available even after we finish the job

hi eve

where is the person who slandered me after i gave him his deposit back,

i can't find it so that i can deal with it .

i have not seen it, but when read to me ,it was untrue and he must write the truth.

when we finish your job will you write about your experience with us?

hope so.

while i have you, vernon is feeling much better today and said he was out getting you great locations.as i said in the beginning after we finish give you additional 10%,

should you need a few more locations,wait for vernon to get back home,we will get you some and we will not charge you for it.

thanks for your business

and best wishes

if you need anything don't hesitate to call

(214)727-3901                                                  

phillip

• 10 months later...

I know this is an old post but just in case anyone would read this now or in the future and get the wrong idea.....Phillip Vernon is NOT worth contacting.  He is a FRAUD and a SCAMMER.  Stay CLEAR of him!!!!!  Will not return calls hardly ever once he has your money and lucky if he will get the job done or if lucky if he does if will be a quality job.  I have dealt with him for over a year now and can't get my money back and have filed complaints with BBB, FTC, and CPA.  Am now in process of working with Attorney Generals office.  Learn from my $16+K mistake!!!!  This loss/cost does not include expenses incurred because of him.  Again avoid him like cancer or worse yet AIDS.  He is very hazardous to your health literally and financially!!!

Over the years, I hear more amd more horror stories from locators based in these 3 states: Ohio (Cleveland), Texas (Dallas) and Florida (Tampa). Some will even steal your machines after they place them! I no longer do business with any locator unless they have positive reviews from this site. Good luck on any recovery of funds.

Jax