Convert to a Rack?

joshbrooksflorida

Hey Folks,

As some of you know, I checked my machines for the first time today.  There was one location, a very large electronics store, where the locator spotted five of my triple-vends.  They are right at the exit, just after the cash registers, and the only other vender located there is selling toys, stickers, and gumballs.  In six days, my five machines did between $8.50 and $13.25 each.

So, aside from cleaning out the cash boxes, and refilling the machines, what do I do?  I am expecting a shipment of Northwestern super 60s next week, and was considering replacing my five triple-vends for a rack of twelve or sixteen.  Here are my pros and cons:

Pros:

-  perhaps a rack looks more professional than five triple-vends stacked end to end.

- a rack is less stealable (these are right at the exit door).

-  a rack appears more permanant.

Cons:

-  don't fix what ain't broke.

-  the five triple vends are much wider than the rack would be, taking up space that would eventually be occupied by a competitor.

-  I would have to ask the management for permission to change hardware, and that could be just the annoyance they needed to kick me out. 

Any thoughts or input are greatly appreciated.

Josh

you might want to consider a change to a rack with commission, because when the rack operator comes in and sees your machines you will probably get the boot. all he has to do is tell them you are giving $1 a month to charity and you are gone.

good luck