Getting rid of an old vendor ?

Tiffeney

I just went out this past weekend to get the kids and hubby some doughnuts at the local Doughnut store and noticed 2 candy machines in there I thought they where coraprate so I never went in. Anyway I noticed one was a northwester nice and clean I think I room with this guy alot at many of my locations I have heard he is old and give comision and then there was the other dirty almost full vendstar with one canister that had melted and cracked m&m gross !  As I waited to order the doughnut I noticed the manager come out and start to help the employees so guess who waited on me yep the manager I told him my order then asked about the machine and told him if I called her to come pick up the machine can I have her spot .  He was hesatint at first saying she takes care of it and he seem verry proud of the charty Missing children I countered at I have NCCS he smiled and then said he would call her and that is when I stepped up and said no I will do it since she had her name on the machine .  It has now been 3 days since Sunday and I have not yet stepped up to the  plate....  I have no clue what to say I have though of thing to say here are some :

Pretend to be a manager and say come pick it up. 

Call her and tell her to come pick it up , because she is not taking care of it. 

Offer to buy it from her and if she does not sell it tell her that I am putting one in next to her.

I am not sure about buying it who knows what she would ask for it.

Honesty is the best policy.  Just let her know you want to buy the machine and save her the hassal of it.  If you pretend to be a manager, she may come into the store and realise it was not the manager.  In that case she most definately wont sell you the machine.

Tiffeney

I have a chain of oil change places that I have my machines in. Out of the 12 that I have, about 5 of them had someone elses machines. When I went around to introduce myself and let the managers know that I was coming in, I told the managers that they needed to call the other operators and tell them to come get their equipment. When I stopped back to check those few accounts, one still had the machine. I finally told the manager that his boss wants the machine out, so he called the operator again.

I don't think you should have to call the person who owns the other machine. Like you said, what do you say? I would just give the donut shop owner some better reasons to have you in the store than the other person.

I would go back and talk to the owner again.

Gary

I've had mixed results with getting old machines out of a location where the owner would like the machine removed.  I have been calling & leaving a message to remove the machine & if they have any questions to contact  "john doe" (my contact at the location).  That has worked for two locations but hasn't worked at another location even though i've left multiple messages.  I may try calling to buy the machine.  Not sure what to do if i don't get a response for buying the machine.  I wouldn't remove the machine myself, but i guess the location could toss it if they didn't want it on site anymore.

SRV

I have the same thing going on SRV with a Modell's location with a trivend machine.  The vendor has not been there for over a year. I am gonna call the phone numbers on the machine and see what happens.  Modells wants me to place a candy machine but theres no room in the break room.  I gotta get that trivend out of there somehow.

This is a similar issue that I came across this week.  My policy is to never touch someone elses equipment, as I wouldn't want it done to mine.  However when I went to place my machine, the owner told me to take the one that was in there out and put mine in.  It was pretty much empty and had old candy in it.  When I told her my policy, she said she was going to throw it in the dumpster if I didn't...

So I figured I would take it (rescue the machine in other words), and give this guy one last chance.  I called him a couple days ago, but since then I have NOT had a response.  The business and phone number are literally on the other side of the state!  Now wonder its not being serviced.

Bottom line I'm giving them 10 days to claim it, then I'm drilling the locks and replacing them, cleaning it up, and using as one of my own.  I figured this isn't bad carma as I did my best to save this machine for him.

RJ

This is a similar issue that I came across this week.  My policy is to never touch someone elses equipment, as I wouldn't want it done to mine.  However when I went to place my machine, the owner told me to take the one that was in there out and put mine in.  It was pretty much empty and had old candy in it.  When I told her my policy, she said she was going to throw it in the dumpster if I didn't...

So I figured I would take it (rescue the machine in other words), and give this guy one last chance.  I called him a couple days ago, but since then I have NOT had a response.  The business and phone number are literally on the other side of the state!  Now wonder its not being serviced.

Bottom line I'm giving them 10 days to claim it, then I'm drilling the locks and replacing them, cleaning it up, and using as one of my own.  I figured this isn't bad carma as I did my best to save this machine for him.

RJ

You certainly covered all the bases.  I am gonna follow what you did with the abandoned triple at Modell's.

I have a similar issue - there is an unserviced machine at one of my locations.  I tried calling the service number, and of course, it is out of service as well.  It seems that it has been abandoned...  It needs to be removed - do I remove it for them?  Suggestions?

I'd say this to the owner of the business...

It's my policy not to touch other companies machines, but when you are ready to throw it in the dumpster let me know, I'll remove it for you and make one last attempt to contact the owner.

A lot of machines are abandoned, because there are a ton of business opps. trying to sell these things, and promising people hundreds of dollars per month, and so when reality sets in and they see they are making only $10-$15 they just get frustrated and leave them.

RJ

I think you are right-on with that, JR. There are so many machines out there without an owner. I have one that I called a few days ago and still have not gotten a call back. I will try again on Monday and see what happens. The store owner told me he is such a nice guy she doesn't want to get rid of him. He hasn't been there to service the machine for 6 months and it has been empty for 4 of them. He hasn't called her back either.

Gary