Researching Newbie

troy

Hi guys. I am cautiously poking around and studying. My Dad had a route when I was a kid, and it was quite the lifestyle, play cards all day with guys at the bar, then go pick up quarters to replace the ones you had lost playing cards. 

So I'm interested, and I've seen up close that it can make money (location,location,location). Haven't invested yet, but I've met with a local locator. His pitch is new machines, placed at either new or established locations (your choice). I'm slowly doing homework.

I really appreciate how cool everyone has been here on your site. Very informative and supportive.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Troy,

Proceed with Caution. Some Locators are very good but they are after one thing and thats your $$

Most will find you locations but they will not be able to find better locations then you yourself in most cases. I have seen Countless start up vendors here in Connecticut come and go over past 5 years alone.

I wouls also Suggest against triples unless they are seperate Heads that can be changed out one at a time if need be. Cleaning triples is a bear and I for one am removing all triples and 4 plays over next 6 months and replacing with sinles, Doubles and Triple northwesterns that are easier to work with.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will be more than happy to share my thoughts

300 Locations - 600 Heads

Dave

Welcome Troy

New or used machines don't matter as much as the price and shape of the machine and quality of the machine.  Do your reading on here and you will find many machines are subject to breakage and other issues.  Choose wisely.

You will find many on here discourage triple heads but if you do that you can limit your potential income and give your customer less options.  Less options can mean less sales.  Not all loctions will support triples but depends on what you want from your business and what locations you or your locator will find.

Be clear what you want and what your goals and objectives are,  then stick to them and work your business once you get going.

Good Luck!!

• 5 months later...