New Vender in South Florida

scobrien

Hey everyone. Name is Scott. 22 years old and have just gotten into vending, been doing it for just about a month now.  Im not to sure where i want to go with vending, but right now i have 25 machines all placed and 15 in my spare room.  I have placed all my machines in family/friend business' since it was so easy to locate them there.  10 of my machines are in a busy doctor office chain in which i work for.  The main office in which i go into everyday ive been noticing how low the candy got, so i decided to just check it, very anxious to do so. 34.50 for 3 weeks, very excited bout this and made we want to check other machines instead i called my locations to see how candy level was, everyone said they are low and working great!  The doctor/therapy offices see about 50-100 people a week, which ios great! SO monday i plan on going on my route to check all machines.  I also have machines placed in Attorney offices too, wonder how there doing? Not to sure where i want to start with my other 15machines.  I read so many bad things about the vendstar 3000's however i deicded to go with them to start due to the low start up cost. the first 25 machines i paid $700 for. other 15 where picked up few at a time. Ive been looking around the forum and hope to learn many new things. 

One problem i had so far was a issue with the Peanuts.  One of the attorney offices had called asking me to remove the peanuts due to allergies people have.  Some people do have very strong allergies to the peanuts i guess. I know you can smell them through the machine, but they dont touch any of the candy and they are always the ladst i put in the machine.  But ill remove them before i have any issues. Has anyone had any issues with allergies to peanuts? maybe ill put peanut M&m's in place since its covered by chocolate.

Welcome scobrien

Sounds like you're making some good numbers. You're lucky to get into the doctor's offices you work for. I work for a medical lab and was told no because it would be conflict of interest. :shock: As for the peanut alergy, I think the doctor was more scared of a patient not having any will power to not eat them if he/she is allergic to them.

Keep up the good work and good luck with locating the rest of your machines.

Welcome scobrien! 

I have a triple machine placed in a bar that is full of 3 different kinds of peanut products. When I serviced the machine at the end of  January 2008 a customer of this bar came up to me and stated that he was allergic to peanuts and asked me to place m&m's in the machine instead. He also stated that many customers were requesting products other than peanuts. I thought about his suggestion and asked the owner if I could place a separate machine into the establishment since this person was allergic to peanut products. I did not want to place m&m's into the machine that vended peanuts  because this customer might have a reaction to the vend even after cleaning it. This would be bad for both the owner and myself. The owner did not mind and let me place a second machine for the other customers who liked chocolate products. I'm not sure what happens to this person when he comes into contact with a peanut product. The next time I service the machine I'll ask him what happens when he is exposed to peanuts. Of course this has me thinking that some people have allergies to chocolate also.

Im glad to see im not the only one who had the allergy issue to peanuts.  Thats wasa great idea lew to ask to place a second machine.  However the doc offices cant handlke another machine.  And you are 100% some people are allergic to choclate.  I guess a little bit of everything is good. I have 2 chocolate products and jelly beans.

G-Man,

All locations have Peanut MM & Plain MM's.  Then some locations ahve gumballs some have jelly bellys. I recently put PMM in my main location where i work and in 2 days i had 7.50 in their, between the staff and customers. I hope this keeps up.

Welcome to the forum.  This is a great site for you.

Why don't you put   Mike & Ikes on one side, Gumballs in the center,  PMM's on the other end?  ha... if the persons does not vend the PMM's into their hand they should not have an allergic reaction!  just my thought.  ;)

Eve

Eve,

My thoughts exactly with the PMM, should be no problem.  The reason i have the candy i do is because my costco does not have mike n ikes. they seem to have pmm, mm, skittles, peanuts and thats it. any good places to get mike n ikes?