Cashless Bulk Vending Machines, do you see it happening soon?

quotealex

I've heard that the Beaver Machine Corporation is working on a cashless vending machine but I dont know if the machines will need to be plugged into and an electrical outlet or not. Do you guys see these small coins operated machines going the cashless route soon?

Cost of transaction fees kills this for me BUT cities now use this type of system for parking meters. They get a "special" fee, which if made available to bulk vendors then I could see this happening.

Except...the electricity. A plug-in is not always available and you'll have to start paying your locations for your electric bill.

Except...the electricity. A plug-in is not always available and you'll have to start paying your locations for your electric bill.

Bulk vending machines could be powered the same way those cheap solar hand calculators are powered ...

Bulk vending machines could be powered the same way those cheap solar hand calculators are powered ...

You'd have to have a lot of calculators to power the coin feeder and wi-fi connection to the internet to complete transactions. Add the cost of internet to the mix. If they also came out with $2-$10 vends then it might work out. But I don't see this working for .25 gumballs.

You'd have to have a lot of calculators to power the coin feeder and wi-fi connection to the internet to complete transactions. Add the cost of internet to the mix. If they also came out with $2-$10 vends then it might work out. But I don't see this working for .25 gumballs.

The biggest step for US bulk vending to overcome, time and again, comes back to $1 coins. That is the simplest and cheapest solution for our industry. However, we are a very small industry in a very large economy.

The biggest step for US bulk vending to overcome, time and again, comes back to $1 coins. That is the simplest and cheapest solution for our industry. However, we are a very small industry in a very large economy.

I thought you guys had $1 coins! I could have sworn I've seen some $1US coins when I visited the States a couple of years ago.

Here in Canada we have $1 and $2 coins but saddly it seems less and less people are using money and more and more prefer paying by debit cards even for low priced items....

I may be wrong, but I don't think with the micro-chip installed in most debit cards (at lease here in Canada)these days you would need wi-fi connection to the internet since all the information can be stored into the micro-chip card. What is needed IMO is a device with flash memory (no electricity needed)that will read and store the informations in the vending machine. The vendor would only need to insert his/her card into the vending to retreive the virtual cash and then go to any ATM machine to deposit it into his bank account:)

We do have $1 coins, they are made of brass I believe. I have about $20 in $1 coins and some are dated(2000), some aren't, I think there's at least 6 different images from presidents to an Native American woman with a baby.

We do have $1 coins, they are made of brass I believe. I have about $20 in $1 coins and some are dated(2000), some aren't, I think there's at least 6 different images from presidents to an Native American woman with a baby.

Here's a great link:

Aol news

Archived