Something doesn't add up! What am I missing?

leo7068

I believe C made the statement "I only service heads at 1/8 full and refill to 3/4"

Typical service times are 30 days right? Please check my logic below:

Filling a single head to 3/4 full takes: 2 bags of 56 OZ PMM

I vend at 1/2 oz per vend which is 224 vend per filling.

After 200 vends my 3/4 filled machines will be at 1/8 full.

200 Vends is 50$

Average income per 30 days per head: 7.75$

50$/7.75$ = 6.5 months average between refills!

If this is right I am going to loose a TON of PMM to spoilage. I already see my PMM cracking from the last 3 months. What do I do?

Hi Leo, not sure where you are located but it sounds like a heat/sun problem. Use a sunshade at location, keep the machine away from the sun if possible. Your averages on PM&M are $9.53 per head with a 5.25 month empty. This problem is easy to fix find better locations or do not use PM&M in your locations that do not purchase it ($.50 average). The last thing why so small of a vend, I believe 1/2 oz is about 6 PM&M's and that is what I vend but I pay almost double the price here in Canada compared to the pricing I saw on this board from other members. Open your vends up and see if the usage goes up.

Grumpy

leo7068 wrote:

I believe C made the statement "I only service heads at 1/8 full and refill to 3/4"

Typical service times are 30 days right? Please check my logic below:

Filling a single head to 3/4 full takes: 2 bags of 56 OZ PMM

I vend at 1/2 oz per vend which is 224 vend per filling.

After 200 vends my 3/4 filled machines will be at 1/8 full.

200 Vends is 50$

Average income per 30 days per head: 7.75$

50$/7.75$ = 6.5 months average between refills!

If this is right I am going to loose a TON of PMM to spoilage. I already see my PMM cracking from the last 3 months. What do I do?

My Vendworx machines only vend 6 PMM with the adjuster removed, so I simply adjusted the the other heads to be consistent at 1/2 oz. That is 6 PMM or 12 Runts or 17 Skittles. I don't want to abandon the locations, but I think the only revenue is comming from the owners who requested PMM. Maybe I just fill 1/3 full for now on?

Ok Vendwork is SSF, means round large globe, use a globe with a quarter cut out of it and paint it white, slip it over the globe on the machine and you have a sunblocker with just a tad more insulation from the solar gain. You need a deep conversion for large items. see parts and price list here.

http://www.econovend.com/silentsalesforceparts.shtml

Grumpy

• 2 weeks later...

Leo, grumpy is right. You need to move product! If your product is not moving, relocate the machine. Standard I have heard is 6-7 dollars per head per month. You don't want to pull stale product. I have had to do my share. Hot Tamales get hard you pull, MMP start to crack, y9ou pull, chocolate raisens start to get runners of white streaks in them, you pull.  still taste good, but look bad in your machine.