Securing my first candy machine route

drummermike

I found I guy offering 10 4 year old vendstar 3000 machines on location for $1700, he claims they make $250 monthly. I asked if he has any proof of income, and why he is selling them. Since I doubt he has any proof of income, after I check out the machines I will tell him how I can't really offer him much with out proof of income and then lowball him around $400. The guy has been posting the same thing for a few weeks so I think he is getting desperate. Hopefully he will take my deal, if he doesn't I'll move on. Do you think I handled the situation well, anything you would have done differently. Was my price okay? Any feedback would be appreciated, I am looking to learn. My ultimate goal is to save up enough money to pay for college(I'm in eighth grade now).

First things first. Congratulations on wanting to save for your education and finding a way to do it. However, being that you are in eighth grade may work to your detriment when trying to negotiate deals. You will likely want an adult with you in order to make sure the vendor takes you seriously. I am only 30 years old, but in mind mind he may not see you as the responsible kid with entreprenuerial spirit trying to get an early start on making an income. He may think you are just being a punk, even though this isn't the case. Although Vendstars aren't viewed favorably on here by some, they are still worth their market value used, which between Ebay and Cragslist appears to be $45-55 bucks. A locator is going to charge you $30 or more to find a location, and you are going to spend a minimum of $15 to fill it with candy. It would cost you $900 just to be in the same situation if you used your own money on new locations with used machines. These are already there, and earning. He may not, and likely is not earning $250 per month, but you don't want to insult him. I like to start low myself, but $750 would be my low end initial bid. Again, congratulations on doing something constructive, and productive for your future. My only other advice it that the best thing you can do is read through back posts and learn from this forum.

First things first. Congratulations on wanting to save for your education and finding a way to do it. However, being that you are in eighth grade may work to your detriment when trying to negotiate deals. You will likely want an adult with you in order to make sure the vendor takes you seriously. I am only 30 years old, but in mind mind he may not see you as the responsible kid with entreprenuerial spirit trying to get an early start on making an income. He may think you are just being a punk, even though this isn't the case. Although Vendstars aren't viewed favorably on here by some, they are still worth their market value used, which between Ebay and Cragslist appears to be $45-55 bucks. A locator is going to charge you $30 or more to find a location, and you are going to spend a minimum of $15 to fill it with candy. It would cost you $900 just to be in the same situation if you used your own money on new locations with used machines. These are already there, and earning. He may not, and likely is not earning $250 per month, but you don't want to insult him. I like to start low myself, but $750 would be my low end initial bid. Again, congratulations on doing something constructive, and productive for your future. My only other advice it that the best thing you can do is read through back posts and learn from this forum.

Thanks for your encouragement. I think I will have my dad come with me when I place new machines most people will probably assume he is the owner. As for locating I will probably just suck it up and pay a locator, so no one will really no the machines are owned by a teen. I will take your advice and ask for $750.

Archived