bulk supply

bulkman

Hello all

I'm just wondering whether I should buy bulk candy from my local distributor or e-bay. I live in Toronto, Ontario. I just bought 25oz(11.3kg) of m&m peanut with $125 in Canadian Dollars. With tax(13%) the price got higher with $141. I get my tax back from the government so the price would be without tax. $125

I found that with e-bay the price would be much more lower with even shipping. One vendor from California is selling 30.5oz for $102 !! Even with shipping&handling I might save some money with Strong Canadian dollars against U.S.dollars.

The problem is custom & duty charge. I hope it doesn't get charged too much when crossing the boarder.

Any Canadians have experience on this ?

Thanks a lot.

Hello all

I'm just wondering whether I should buy bulk candy from my local distributor or e-bay. I live in Toronto, Ontario. I just bought 25oz(11.3kg) of m&m peanut with $125 in Canadian Dollars. With tax(13%) the price got higher with $141. I get my tax back from the government so the price would be without tax. $125

I found that with e-bay the price would be much more lower with even shipping. One vendor from California is selling 30.5oz for $102 !! Even with shipping&handling I might save some money with Strong Canadian dollars against U.S.dollars.

The problem is custom & duty charge. I hope it doesn't get charged too much when crossing the boarder.

Any Canadians have experience on this ?

Thanks a lot.

Just out of curiosity, did you check out RCSS? I know they were the reason Sam's closed up shop in Canada a while back.

Just out of curiosity, did you check out RCSS? I know they were the reason Sam's closed up shop in Canada a while back.

Sorry. What's the RCSS? I remember the SAM's club was here back in even 3-4 years ago. I think most of people here go to Walmart or Costco for shopping. The SAM's club was looked sandwiched between them. They even built their building between them..

Sorry. What's the RCSS? I remember the SAM's club was here back in even 3-4 years ago. I think most of people here go to Walmart or Costco for shopping. The SAM's club was looked sandwiched between them. They even built their building between them..

Real Canadian Superstore or Maxi & Co. have Wholesale Club. They have 110 or so locations throughout Canada, and Wholsale Club has like 20 locations. They are similar to Sam's or Costco but you don;t pay a membership fee.

For PMM's and ONLY pmm's i go to costco. I think they are 12 for 1.5kg's and occasionally go on sale for 10$ ish. I don't have the exact number on me at the moment though. I have a few more suppliers i use. The problem is there is no one supplier that is cheapest for everything. Try calling a few cash and carry places in Toronto.

• 11 months later...

I am relatively new to the vending business and have not used this company before, but I have been referred to Johnvince foods in Toronto for gum and candy products. They are a wholesaler open to the public and can usually have an order ready within a day, so I have heard, but it might be good to double check. their info is:

http://www.johnvince.com/pages/contactUs.php

Johnvince Foods

555 Steeprock Drive

Downsview, ON, M3J 2Z6

(off Dufferin between Finch and Sheppard)

Phone: 416-636-6146

Toll Free: 800-268-7950

Fax: 800-680-8288

Email: jvf@johnvince.com

hope this helps

Archived