Starting new vending business. Any help is welcomed

cdelgado

I want to start avending business. I did some research and thought that I had a pretty good ideaon the business. But then I found this site a little less than a week ago and thatall went out the window. I have seen more information in this one site that inall of the other sites I’ve been looking at the past month. And to be honest I’ma bit overwhelmed. I’ve read a lot of the post and have seen extremelyexperienced people give very good advice and that’s what I’m looking for.

Since I’m startingthis alone I wanted to know what machine I should start with, gumball? Candy? Toys?Stickers? Any and all help is very welcomed.

I want to start avending business. I did some research and thought that I had a pretty good ideaon the business. But then I found this site a little less than a week ago and thatall went out the window. I have seen more information in this one site that inall of the other sites I’ve been looking at the past month. And to be honest I’ma bit overwhelmed. I’ve read a lot of the post and have seen extremelyexperienced people give very good advice and that’s what I’m looking for.

Since I’m startingthis alone I wanted to know what machine I should start with, gumball? Candy? Toys?Stickers? Any and all help is very welcomed.

It's entirely up to you. That's the great thing about vending. Look at everyones signature line, and you will see most of us are into many different types of bulk vending. Alot of people start with candy and gum, and wind up transitioning over to gum and toys, or flat. The reason many of us move from candy to toys, is that candy will go stale over time if a location doesn't have the right volume. However, starting in toys may cost more up front to be able to rotate product in that machine. If you have a buch of candy locations, plenty of them can be turned into toy locs quite easily, and some can even be upgraded to racks. You are your own boss and I think that no matter what path you choose it will be the right one for you. This is business provides so much flexibilty it's funny. You can't find that in many other lines of work. Read some more and then make a decision.

It's entirely up to you. That's the great thing about vending. Look at everyones signature line, and you will see most of us are into many different types of bulk vending. Alot of people start with candy and gum, and wind up transitioning over to gum and toys, or flat. The reason many of us move from candy to toys, is that candy will go stale over time if a location doesn't have the right volume. However, starting in toys may cost more up front to be able to rotate product in that machine. If you have a buch of candy locations, plenty of them can be turned into toy locs quite easily, and some can even be upgraded to racks. You are your own boss and I think that no matter what path you choose it will be the right one for you. This is business provides so much flexibilty it's funny. You can't find that in many other lines of work. Read some more and then make a decision.

You gotta ask yourself why you want to do vending and is this full time, part time or a hobby. The best way to start a plan is you wont make money for quite a while. Do you have the capital to last 2-5 years of no profit? It might happen. This to me is the main question you have to ask yourself, a huge majority of small businesses fail due to lack of capital. Vending is very easy to start, but by no means is it easy to make profitable. Most areas are saturated with vending machines; how are you going to place your equipment in locations that will make money? It can be done but you better have the time and money to get through the start up period and the numerous bumps in the road. Do your homework and work smart and maybe start real small to see if this is for you.

First I should say Welcome, no shortage of advise here.both previous post are sound advise,I would add start small you need to so if your compatable with this business.Looks easy from the outside. Secondly to control capital outlay look for good used equipment.Good luck we are here to help.

Welcome to TVF.

May I suggest you read as many old posts as possible. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Look at Hillbilly threads about refurbishing. Used machines can maximize your capital.

I have been doing this for a little over a year now. What I did was buy a half dozen or so used machines. Register your biz, learn the tax/insurance/health regulations in your area. Place a few yourself and a few with a locator and just run with it for 6 months or a year. This will let you iorn out any flaws, and let you know if you even like doing it. You are going to make mistakes and loose locations (or atleast i did). Better to do that on a small scale while you still have another job and are not over invested. If you decided to pull out you have not lost too much money, and if you do decide to expand you will likely have found your niche. Hopefully i will find my niche soon.

BTW I bough 8 Seaga triples used, filled them with Peanut MM's, Mike and Ikes and Gumballs and ran with it. Not too expencive and fairly simple.

I like Andrew have been in bulk vending for a little over 1 year. It takes that long to really learn how to get rolling and if vending is for you. I have lost one location, pulled 2 machines from under performing locations...over paid locators, had product go bad and other mishaps that I will leave out.

But that doesn't matter because vending is fun. I would rather vend then watch an NFL football game. I have a thing for quarters.

What I have learned is if you stick with it then you will succeed. The market may appear to be saturated, but it is not because most people will quit and the vendors who stick with it will consume their equipment and locations.

If vending is fun, you will make it. If not, you will quit. But if you quit, please don't abandon your machine.

;)

All jokes aside. With any business you must have a passion for what you do. Bulk vending is no different. It is like a sport. How will you react when you loose games will determine how you will react when you win games. You must learn to play hard all the time even if you are ahead.

The veterans of this board probably remember when I got started in bulk vending. I only have 7 locations because I just lost one today. But pay attention to my growth for the remainder for 2011. I have shaved my head and drank the Kool-Aid. I am ready to expand. The question is "Are you ready to shave your head and drink the Kool-Aid. Only you can answer that question.

Archived