Funeral Homes

PnutGallery Co.

I don't think it has anything to do with being freaked out by death. It is strictly a matter of class. One doesn't find bulk racks in the entrances of churches. A funeral home is a place where people come to pay respect to the deceased and their family. A vending machine of any kind would "cheapen" the atmosphere of the funeral home.

Maybe we could go with a $5 gumball vender so it would better fit in with all of the other charges you might incur there :huh:

My wife is the GM at a funeral home and under no terms would a bulk machine make its way into her place. The kitchen is all high-end GE Monogram.

How come they didn't go with Sub Zero and Viking? :)

"Geez Mildred, that was the best funeral service I ever attended! It was $10,000 well spent. We should do that more often. My only complaint was that damn machine in the lobby. I can't believe someone was trying to profit from our loss. Other than that it was a spectacular day!"

I guess I'm just a disrespectful son of a ***** but stupid, insignificant golpher like a vending machine in a funeral home just doesn't strike me as something most normal people would get all worked up over.

Its not about money, its about class. It clearly appears you have no idea what that is.

I guess I just look at things different and I appologize for my stupidity and ideas. My reason for getting into vending was for the most part the lack of class and professionalism I see everyday in this very business.(I am not pointing fingers at anyone, but there are a lot of bad venders in my area) If you want to have used up old machines, stale products, poor service, etc, yes I can see your point. On the other hand if you have 1st class machines that are clean and well serviced, there should be nothing tacky about any location. I am not suggesting anyone put a rack in a funeral home and try to vend toys and stickers, but if you had a nice Beaver Triton with gum, breath mints, and maybe a chocolate for those that may experience low blood sugars from time to time, I do not see it as anything but an asset. I saw a pepsi machine in the funeral home and was glad to have one while I was there. Never crossed my mind that it could be bad thing.

I think a funeral home with lots of traffic would be a good location, but the owner would probably not allow you to sell any type of gum. So, I would pass on this one. Funerals are ran similar to church services and chewing gum in church is a "no go" in my neck of the woods.

Archived