Funeral Homes

PnutGallery Co.

Does anyone have candy or gum in funeral homes. I am just starting and it seems as if this may be a good location??

Every place is a good place. If it doesn't sell, pull the machine. You won't know unless you try it.

Thanks for the entertaining commments. I am going to try and place a tripple in one and see what happens. A local funeral home here has multiple funerals most days and I have a good feeling about it.

Sounds like people are just dying to get into the hippest place in town...

All joking aside, one word comes to mind. TACKY ! I wish I could see the funeral directors expression when you try your sales pitch.

I was just at the funeral home and was involved with a funeral director and watching all of the charges they run up, and how they more than likely get a cut of the flowers, the dinner afterward, and just about any service they are in the middle of helping provide. I really think they are all about making money and a good quality machine like a Beaver Triton with some class might just fit in. I will definatly give it a shot and I will be sure to get back to you all with the expression I got as well as the answer. I know for certain it will not work if I never try it. :rolleyes:

Here is an older thread about placing machines in a funeral home... You are not alone Pnut. laugh.gif

http://vendiscuss.ne...an-odd-location

Thanks for the link. I have had the unfortunate luck of attending two family funerals in the last two days. I have been talking quite a bit with the funeral director and seem to be hitting it off good. Going to wait until my new machines arrive and am going to give it a shot. Both days I was there I feel would have produced had there been a machine there. Strange as it sounds, but this will be my first stop to try and place my first new machine. I know business can be dead at times, but they had five funerals between Friday and Saturday.

All joking aside, one word comes to mind. TACKY ! I wish I could see the funeral directors expression when you try your sales pitch.

I agree with Prince.

I have to disagree. Business is business. The funeral home doesn't think it's tacky to charge money for their services. A location is a location. If you can get it, go for it.

But then again, I have a much different view on death than others.

I agree with Prince.

Actually the many funerals that I've been to had mints for free (though I'm sure we were charged somewhere for them), but if there had been a tasteful gumball or candy machine there I probably would have gone for that. Not everyone likes the mints, especially the kids. I'd definitely make that a charity machine, but it could work and be appreciated. It's the perfect place to have a machine that could help sooth a child. But I wouldn't go so far as a capsule machine with Sticky Hands or anything.

with skelleton dolls in it? :lol:

You've got to be more practical if you're dealing with a location like this. Consider your audience. And if you're going do something other than candy then I'd put in a 2" Voodoo Doll machine. Then the family can get revenge on someone and feel better in their time of grief. Always think of your customers' needs. (Don't forget to put a few pins in each cap.)

You've got to be more practical if you're dealing with a location like this. Consider your audience. And if you're going do something other than candy then I'd put in a 2" Voodoo Doll machine. Then the family can get revenge on someone and feel better in their time of grief. Always think of your customers' needs. (Don't forget to put a few pins in each cap.)

LOL....How about an old snack machine with the wood grain front....that looks antique. Might even generate new business for the place with the right selections..

Interesting timing on this thread. I just heard about recent legislation in the Massachusetts house that seeks to lift the ban on food in funeral homes.

http://www.enterpris...e-food-at-wakes

Time to put in a cold food/frozen machine, snack, soda, OCS, and a microwave! If you're really savvy, convince them they need an OreIda french fry vending machine too.

Better hurry though, Subway may see this as the opportunity of a lifetime to put franchises into unique places.

i was also thinking that one of those antique popcorn carts would do well. You'd just have to pop before the funeral gets under way.

Time to put in a cold food/frozen machine, snack, soda, OCS, and a microwave! If you're really savvy, convince them they need an OreIda french fry vending machine too.

Better hurry though, Subway may see this as the opportunity of a lifetime to put franchises into unique places.

i was also thinking that one of those antique popcorn carts would do well. You'd just have to pop before the funeral gets under way.

Just do the popcorn at a gangbangers funeral. I could see everyone diving under the seats when the popping starts.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife is the GM at a funeral home and under no terms would a bulk machine make its way into her place. The kitchen is all high-end GE Monogram.

She gives away minis and other assorted candies, no charge. The idea of someone wanting to put a biz-op machine in the foyer outside her chapel gave her the "chills".

The idea of someone wanting to put a biz-op machine in the foyer outside her chapel gave her the "chills".

I don't think I'll ever understand why people are so freaked out by the notion of death. We will all do it and when it's my turn, there better be a whole room full of vending machines there! laugh.gif

Archived