Cleaning cashew residue off a Vendstar 3000

btuck32

I recently purchased a route of Vendstar 3000 machines, and the previous owner had cashews in many of them (expensive and very messy). I have been trying to replace the cashews with different product, but can't seem to get the canisters clean enough. Do any of you know a way to get those plastic canister windows clean? I've tried many different products and everything I can think of. I can make it better but not CLEAN.

If not, do you know where I can order a new lens? I haven't been able to find them anywhere.

Maybe try some automotive plastic treatment products for really tough stains. I like PlastX. Others like the head light cleaning products. Get them at any automotive parts store. Hope that helps. If not, maybe the oil, heat and sun light caused a permanent stain.

Maybe try some automotive plastic treatment products for really tough stains. I like PlastX. Others like the head light cleaning products. Get them at any automotive parts store. Hope that helps. If not, maybe the oil, heat and sun light caused a permanent stain.

You wouldn't want to use PlastX on the inside IMO. It's a poisonous material. Try really hot water and a hand soap. If that won't clean it to your satisfaction, then you'll need to buy some off of Ebay.

I assume that people will use the dishwasher after applying any type of industrial cleaner.

Ahhh, the joys of buying used equipment! Sometimes the extra time and cost to refurbish the machine makes the "good" deal not so good after all. Especially biz-op machines, those biz-op parts can get pretty expensive - new or used.

I tried it once with limited results. Are your globes plastic?

Yes my globes are made of plastic, actually they're made from polycarbonate. If the boiling wather from the diswasher on a pans and pots cycle can't clean the canister, then I suggest you replace them with new ones.

I can get them mostly clean, but there is this oily residue that just moves around on the plastic and won't wipe up completely. It leaves the window looking cloudy.

Even on ebay, the cansisters are $15 a piece. I feel like they can be cleaned, I just haven't found a good way to get them shiny yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived