Classified Section

caserri

Of all the new features we've added to the site, I never would have thought that the classified section would be the least used. Blogs maybe, but not the classifieds.

We currently have 10 active ads. That's 3 less than the number of blogs we have. That is a pathetic number for the amount of traffic we have coming through here. I'm sure there are a lot of us who have something to sell or are looking for something to buy. It's free to list and sell!

Lets get some ads up!

Visit the Classifieds

And please, Please, PLEASE, if you are uploading a photo to your ad, PLEASE use the link in my signature to re-size your pic to the optimal size automatically.

Of all the new features we've added to the site, I never would have thought that the classified section would be the least used. Blogs maybe, but not the classifieds.

We currently have 10 active ads. That's 3 less than the number of blogs we have. That is a pathetic number for the amount of traffic we have coming through here. I'm sure there are a lot of us who have something to sell or are looking for something to buy. It's free to list and sell!

Lets get some ads up!

Visit the Classifieds

I had an add up there when you first started the classifieds. It disappeared, so I thought it was taken off because someone didn't want it there. I didn't feel like wasting my time if it was going to be removed.

I had an add up there when you first started the classifieds. It disappeared, so I thought it was taken off because someone didn't want it there. I didn't feel like wasting my time if it was going to be removed.

Bacho,

They used to automatically expire after 30 days. I have since bumped it up to 60 days to try and keep more ads. Your ad must have expired.

Bacho,

They used to automatically expire after 30 days. I have since bumped it up to 60 days to try and keep more ads. Your ad must have expired.

Thanks for clarifying that, Steve. Just some food for thought, you might want to add an option for the advertiser to delete the add instead of setting a time limit. That way when the item sells, we can remove it ourselves.

Thanks for clarifying that, Steve. Just some food for thought, you might want to add an option for the advertiser to delete the add instead of setting a time limit. That way when the item sells, we can remove it ourselves.

I would like to add that functionality but unfortunately the developer of the classifieds requires a $35 payment to enable it, and other features. It's not a lot of money but I want to wait until the classifieds are used a bit more before I pump any money into it.

you might want to add an option for the advertiser to delete the add instead of setting a time limit. That way when the item sells, we can remove it ourselves.

Hey Craig,

I never noticed until now but I see an option to close the ad early. I'm not sure if it is just an admin option or what. Take a look at your posting and see if you have the "Close Ad" button like in this pic...

post-1-0-05893800-1303648466_thumb.png

Hey Craig,

I never noticed until now but I see an option to close the ad early. I'm not sure if it is just an admin option or what. Take a look at your posting and see if you have the "Close Ad" button like in this pic...

Yes it does, Steve. Thanks for the heads up.

Archived