Coffee House

agrantha

I have a double candy machine in a coffee shop. After 7 weeks I checked it today (My first pull from this location). It had a grand total of $6.00 LOL! I can understand why. I am vending Chiclets and gumballs in this location.

The manager told me it is because I am vending gum in both heads. She said if I put some Mentos in a head she would eat them herself. I don't believe you can buy loose Mentos. Should I try Runts? I am trying to stay away from Mike&Ikes. I think I will leave the gumballs in the machine because the profit margin is very high and gumballs last for more than a year. If I can just get the other head moving, I would be OK with keeping this location. Another reason I want to keep this location is because it is very close to my mothers house and it will force me to see her more often.

I came very close to pulling this machine today and asking Rob for a replacement until I got my emotions under control.

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but why dont you focus on locaitons that have kids in them? I see so many posts about people putting bulk vending machines in locations that arent "kid" friendly..dont go for quantity of loctions BUT quality of locations. Why run around and service 40-50 locations that average $10-30 a month in total reveunue when you can service high kid traffic accounts and maybe only have 10-20? Running these 2-3 head machines are a total waste of time (in my opinion) Run racks of equipment with toys, candy, gum, superballs, stickers, and tattoos..get the right locations and you'll be shocked at the revenue you will see.. $500-$2000 a month is possible in the right locations..good luck

I have a double candy machine in a coffee shop. After 7 weeks I checked it today (My first pull from this location). It had a grand total of $6.00 LOL! I can understand why. I am vending Chiclets and gumballs in this location.

The manager told me it is because I am vending gum in both heads. She said if I put some Mentos in a head she would eat them herself. I don't believe you can buy loose Mentos. Should I try Runts? I am trying to stay away from Mike&Ikes. I think I will leave the gumballs in the machine because the profit margin is very high and gumballs last for more than a year. If I can just get the other head moving, I would be OK with keeping this location. Another reason I want to keep this location is because it is very close to my mothers house and it will force me to see her more often.

I came very close to pulling this machine today and asking Rob for a replacement until I got my emotions under control.

Yeah...two gum machines is overkill.

What other candy do you have already? I would think PMM would do well (chocolate and coffee go well together). If you have runts do that. I'd just try something I had instead of investing in something new right away.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah...two gum machines is overkill.

What other candy do you have already? I would think PMM would do well (chocolate and coffee go well together). If you have runts do that. I'd just try something I had instead of investing in something new right away.

What about mints? Have you tried the polar mint candy? I am just thinking since its coffee, maybe that will get them thinking they need to get rid of the coffee breath.

What about mints? Have you tried the polar mint candy? I am just thinking since its coffee, maybe that will get them thinking they need to get rid of the coffee breath.

I used to go to a coffee house where they had a one-head counter top machine with chocolate covered coffee beans. If memory serves, it gave out 4-5 for 25 cents. Seemed to do well.

I used to go to a coffee house where they had a one-head counter top machine with chocolate covered coffee beans. If memory serves, it gave out 4-5 for 25 cents. Seemed to do well.

That is a great idea. But if I was the owner I'd object because some coffee addicts might skip a cup after getting a handful of chocolate covered beans. Worth a try though.

Archived