1-800 Wheel Settings

theonet

Does anyone have wheel settings for individual candies? I am wanting ot vend 1/2 oz for most candies. I know that on the 1-800 machine, "notch 6" will vend 6 pieces or 1/2 oz. What notch should I use to vend 1/2 oz for M&I, Runts, MM, and Skittles? Or if you don't know that answer, what notch would you recommend for each candy?

Thanks, Theo

I opened all candy wheels up when I vended candy (Cashews are the only thing I do control). However, if you must get cheap :D:

--Peanut M&M's: 8-10 pieces

--Plain M&M's: 12-14 pieces

--Runts: 10-12 pieces

--Skittles: 12-14 pieces

--Reese's Pieces: 12-14 pieces

--Mike & Ike: 6-8 pieces

--Chiclets: 10-12 pieces

--Cashews: 10-12 pieces

--Hot Tamales: 6-8 pieces

--Pistachios: 10-12 pieces

Kyle

Really guys?  You folks just open up the wheels to the max?

John,

I dont know about everyone else, but I've been doing that for about a year now. None of my machines will vend more than It should in order to turn a profit. I have done it for simplicity's sake.

Steve

Each machine is different. And each vend will probably be different. I don't open mine all the way. I want to try and stay in business!  I use cashews in a lot of my machines but it is almost getting cost prohibitive to vend these. Get them at costco and in the past, I even have counted  the number of product in bags like Mike & Ikes to see what I can vend and still make a product. Someone said someplace that the product should be about 30% of the cost. And I believe that is about true. I even bought a bag of PPM off the counter at 7-11 and they were giving about 21 in a bag for 75 cents, so I figured that I should give about 7-8 in a vend.  My 2 cents!!

If I was to open my vends all the way my cost of product would be 98% before shipping or charity cost. (12 pcs).

It would be cheaper for me to stand on the corner given quarters away. But opening the vend on some machines will still only allow 6 - 8 pcs, so I guess it depends on your machine.

Currently my cost of product on PMM are 49% (6pcs) still to high but livable till summer when I will remove them from inventory and try to find some kind of replacement.

Grumpy

Indeed Grumpy, you are a comedian but your point rings true.

It really does depend on the manufacturer. I use mostly Seaga, Amerivend, and Oak with a few NAV and others sprinkled in. With the exception of the NAV's all my machines are wide open and vend no more than 7-8 PMM at a time. The NAV's have a bigger opening so they are cut back 1 notch.

As a side note, My COGS is at 27% for this year and 34% overall.

Steve

I'm headed to 30% for COGS, but I'm not there yet. I have to change what the old vender did all by 'feel'. I have to admit that the percentage spreadsheet in tools has been very helpful, as another spreadsheet I use which is vend settings on the different beaver conversions for different products (mine I sat in the warehouse with different products vending in different conversion at different settings).

Now as an offset of COGS my charity does work different then most, I pay a percentage on the product that I buy from my supplier so it depends on product sales and not a standard monthly charge on each head. (depending on cost of product 5% - 20%)

Grumpy

Comedian, nay if I was I would be the straight guy in a duo because I'm way to serious to be funny.

caserri wrote:

Indeed Grumpy, you are a comedian but your point rings true.

As a side note, My COGS is at 27% for this year and 34% overall.

Steve