New and need some help

pffdvf

I am just getting started. I have bought 22 Vendstar 3000 machines. I was wanting to know if any of you out there who are using these machines could tell me what number setting you are using for different products. 

Also are any of you using any type of software to manage your machines? Or does anyone have a simple spread sheet or something they would be willing to share?

Welcome to VENDiscuss pffdvf!

Although I don't have much experience with the vend settings on a Vendstar, below are typical vend rates that are pretty much industry standard. Hope this helps in some way.

--Peanut M&M's: 8-10 pieces

--Plain M&M's: 12-14 pieces

--Runts: 10-12 pieces

--Skittles: 12-14 pieces

--Reese's Pieces: 12-14 pieces

--Mike & Ike: 6-8 pieces

--Chiclets: 10-12 pieces

--Cashews: 10-12 pieces

--Hot Tamales: 6-8 pieces

--Pistachios: 10-12 pieces

I do use software for my route however it was designed for me using my specs and is probably more robust than what you are looking for. A good starting point would be to tailor an excel spreadsheet template. You can google "free excel template" and you will find many options.

Once again, Welcome to the forum. Feel free to post much!

Steve

• 3 months later...

Welcome to VENDiscuss pffdvf!

Although I don't have much experience with the vend settings on a Vendstar, below are typical vend rates that are pretty much industry standard. Hope this helps in some way.

--Peanut M&M's: 8-10 pieces

--Plain M&M's: 12-14 pieces

--Runts: 10-12 pieces

--Skittles: 12-14 pieces

--Reese's Pieces: 12-14 pieces

--Mike & Ike: 6-8 pieces

--Chiclets: 10-12 pieces

--Cashews: 10-12 pieces

--Hot Tamales: 6-8 pieces

--Pistachios: 10-12 pieces

I do use software for my route however it was designed for me using my specs and is probably more robust than what you are looking for. A good starting point would be to tailor an excel spreadsheet template. You can google "free excel template" and you will find many options.

Once again, Welcome to the forum. Feel free to post much!

Steve

On my Vendworx heads a fully open wheel gives a max of 6 PMM's, so I backed it off to a consistent 5 per vend. I don't know why this is so low, when the same setting give about 20 skittles. I have to lower the vend size a lot more for the smaller items.

• 2 months later...

I just bought 21 Vendstar 3000's. 11 already on location. I noticed most of the ones on location are set at 4 for PMM and 5 for most other things.

My own testing gave the following results:

Peanut M&M's  setting=3  0.6 ozs

Mike and Ikes  Setting = 4  0.6 to 0.7 ozs  10 to 12 pieces

Skittles  setting=5  0.6 ozs 15 pcs.

Reeses Pieces setting=6  0.4 ozs  15 to 16 pieces

Good & Plenty setting=5  0.5 oz  average 14 pieces

Chicle gum tabs  setting=6  average 9 pieces

I like the suggestion of keeping the vend to about 1/2 oz. Based on that I plan to adjust some of my machines down a bit.

Some of the more experienced guys recommend opening them up more. The margin is great either way, and the real way to make profit is with repeat bussiness. Vending too little will make people feel scammed, and too much makes them mad.

• 1 month later...

Hi Pffdvt,

I run some Vendstars, PM me and let's talk. I can help you.

(Side note: Steve, How do I go about getting you an electronic copy of a route operators manual to post in the Library?)

Good luck!

Dave