Vending Software

clvending

Just wondering what software if any people are using.  I know there are free excell spreadsheets you can use.  However, I invested in Vending Essentials when I started.  It allows me to track inventory, locations, what sells or doesn't.  It allows me to do both bulk and snack/soda.

Lee:cool:

I have seen many things out there, and they sell for quite a bit of money. My solution, I just develop my own application. In the mean time, Excel, but it doesn't do nearly what I want it to.

Anyways, my app will only be for bulk vending there are far to few applications gear towards that market.

If you are just starting out, I have this great little accounting program that is free. It is fully customizable so you can make it adapt to the bulk vending industry very easily. You can add locations and inventory. You can also set it up to remind you when to service your locations. It is geared toward home budgeting but with a little tweaking you can tailor it to vending quite easily.

It runs some basic but nice reports showing you income and expense for any given time frame. Plus it backs itself up after each use automatically and saves the backup as a data file on your computer so you can email it to another computer or burn to a disk.

Although it pretty simple and basic, It takes some playing with to customize it into something useful for bulk vending, but it can be done and its free. If anyone is interested in downloading the software, I can put together a sample data file that I can email to you. When you open the software simply run it using the data file I send and you will be able to see how it can be set up for vending. All you would need to do is change the sample data to your own data.

The only problem is that this is strictly an accounting program. It tells you how much your making versus how much your spending and can be broken down by location and even shows you income and expense by product, location or as a whole. It does not however keep track of other things you might want to track such as inventory levels, revenue per day, and location info. You can use a separate spreadsheet for that stuff though.

The link to the site.

http://www.thezeal.com/software/index.php?Money_Manager_Ex

Steve

The vending software must be something which should function from the most basic features to the most advanced. Powerful software, yet easy to use and understand, at the same time being easy on your pocket book. Also it must be cost effective.

• 1 month later...