Is Our Candy Kosher?

T BIRD

I may have a location for a machine:  it's a kosher bakery.  They want to know if my candy is kosher.

I did some research and found out if our bags have a U with a circle around it and a D next to it, its kosher. M&M Peanut is kosher.  I am sure M&M Plain would be also then.  I gotta check the rest. 

More info...

All of Just Born's jelly candies (MIKE AND IKE®, HOT TAMALES®, ZOURS®, Teenee Beanee® Gourmet Jelly Beans, and Just Born Jelly Beans) are certified kosher by the Orthodox Union. MARSHMALLOW PEEPS®, however are not Kosher.

Steve

Johnny:

On the gumball side of things- double bubble products are Kosher. Most others are not. Important note- the D stands for dairy. You cannot mix meat and dairy- so no MM products ina Kosher butcher shop or restaurant.

Regards,

Philo

I wonder why Peeps are not Kosher. Kinda odd. Must be something in the ingredients. Too bad. I bet it would make a mean Fluffernutter on Matzoh :)

caserri wrote:

More info...

All of Just Born's jelly candies (MIKE AND IKE®, HOT TAMALES®, ZOURS®, Teenee Beanee® Gourmet Jelly Beans, and Just Born Jelly Beans) are certified kosher by the Orthodox Union. MARSHMALLOW PEEPS®, however are not Kosher.

• 1 month later...

I collected for the first time at anail place thats serves predominantly jewish folks.   I have gumballs and MMPs in there.  I did not put a kosher sign in each globe.  The products did practically nothing.  The workers told me to put a kosher label on the machine.  I will.....thats for sure. Tomorrow!;)

Johnny:

Just a big OU D- or so they know its dairy you should be ok. That's standard for the Union of Orthodox Rabbis.

Regards,

Philo

Thanks Philo.  I appreciate the feedback.  My wife ( who is jewish ) says after I made up a label that the people may need to see something from each candy company or something.  The best I could do was take a quote and print it fromsome jewish internet site talking about how Double Bubble is kosher.  And the M&M peanut I found a small label showing MMPs and also saying its kosher.  I printed that.  I saw that MMPs have dairy in them but do Double Bubble gumballs have dairy in them Philo?  The reason I am taking so much time with this is there are 3 or 4 towns near me that are very orthodox etc.

Johnny:

In the case of DB that I get from Sam's Club is a globe label. On that label its says, towards the bottom, OU, D. So that's why I say it. Keep in mind that Passover starts on the 19th of April through the 27th. Your bakeries will be closed for that week.

Regards,

Philo