Anyone know how to insert the Ultravend poles into their bases?

acvending

I am finally getting rid of one of the Easy Bake Oven machines tomorrow and placing it at a location and I am for the first time trying to assemble its base. How the hell do you insert the pole into the base. Damn thing won't fit in. I may have to resort to a hammer and some sort of block of wood to protect the pole and just wail on the sucker until it goes in but don't have a block of wood handy. Any other ideas?

Adam

P.S. Is it rational to wish pain and death on a vending machine and its family? :X

I finally got it. Couldn't find a block of wood but I found a thick old Microsoft Windows 95 book from about 13 years ago and used that with a mallet. Worked perfect other than leaving these deep circular indentations in the cover. Pole was undamaged.  At least the book was still good for something.

Thanks anyway guys

Adam

P.S. Still wishing pain and death on the machine but ok I will let its family live. :)

Sorry I didn't see this thread sooner Adam.

I'm always a day late and a dollar short.

You did exactly right! I personally use junk mail catalogs instead of old Microcrap instruction manuals.

I use a rubber mallet, and pound the base onto the pole. A little petroleum jelly, or WD-40, helps too.

For those reading this and facing the same situation... BE CAREFUL. I have two older bases that cracked

when "someone" pounded a little too hard on 'em.  Then you'll have a patch job on your hands.

Dave