Vendstar?

The Master Key

No I did not buy any gumball wheels yet still just trying to get by on what I have. Remeber I Biz-Opped and it seems as if I was the only one that got ripped off here so far I wish I can find someone else like me so I can find out how they are doing ...  Anyway I would like to get some but ya all know money is always tight !

Do they break off that easily? 

Also, all the pictures I see of them have candy in all 3 compartments.  Do they not come with a gumball wheel?

Brian

I've run gumballs through them using the candy wheel and it seemed to work fine. Can't see why its even worth buying the gumball wheel.

i had a guy here locally selling 50 vendstars that are brand new and have never left the garage. i think he even has the candy that he got from them in the package.

anyway he wanted $5000 for all of it. so naturally i called and told him i would give him $2500 for it all.

well, this morning i get a message from him saying "call me so we can figure out when you can come get these machines." :shock:

so i guess i just bought some more machines. i didnt really want anymore plastic machines but i guess $50 for brand new machines is not that bad. :cool:

Tiffeney wrote:

Did you get the candy too ?

ya i will get the candy too. i dont know if any of it is good, he said he bought the machines about 6 months ago.

i talked to him today and he said he never even set the candy wheels or put candy in the machines.

I bought 20 used in early Jan. Eleven were already on location. So far no problems. They seem easy to service. Easy to clean. Lots of replacement parts or machines available on ebay or Craigslist.  Another way to get parts is work with someone that bought direct from Multivend, as I believe  Multivend only sells to people that bought from them.

Downside I see, is over time the plastic will sun fade or change color. The plastic lens scratches easily and if dispensing peanuts or cashews, the lens gets to be a mess. But that is probably true of anything plastic.

I read somewhere that waxing the exterior will help keep it looking good.

I prefer to replace the chute doors as I think the machine looks uninviting when a door is missing. I am trying to figure out a way to make the doors more reliable. I think part of the problem is lack of lubrication. So I got some food grade grease and I put a dab on the door hinge pins and spring when ever I clean up a machine. It will take a while to see if that helps.

The machines on the route I purchased were somewhat run down, but some fresh candy and elbow grease to clean them up makes everything look a lot better.

Collected $60.25 on 9 of the 11 machines last week after 4 weeks. The other two locations were not productive. One is in a Golf Course Maintenance shop, so is seasonal. The other machine was in really bad shape, and I just finally refreshed it last week with a clean machine, fresh candy and different mix since there are competitive machine at that location.

I have most of my machines clean and neat, so I will now focus on getting the rest located.

Good luck.

I prefer to replace the chute doors as I think the machine looks uninviting when a door is missing. I am trying to figure out a way to make the doors more reliable. I think part of the problem is lack of lubrication. So I got some food grade grease and I put a dab on the door hinge pins and spring when ever I clean up a machine. It will take a while to see if that helps.

The reason the shoot doors break off so often on the Vendstar is because they're spring loaded.  If someone tugs a little too hard on them they're done.  Shoot doors without springs are far less likely to break, resulting in less long term maintenance and repair costs.  

Hi guys,

You all know I run some Vendstars, but only in mostly adult oriented locations, with hardly any kids to tear 'em up. So far so good.

I kinda agree with Polecat about the spring loaded business. By the way replacing a spring on one of those hummers is a PAIN when you only have ten thumbs to work with, like I do. :X

What I think the major problem with them is that the pins that stick out and hold the door onto the bottom of the coin mechanisim are just plastic, and they should be metal. If Vendstar would just upgrade that one little component I would be a little more comfortable putting my remaining Vendstars in a few more public localities.

I've tried to devise something to replace those pins, like a roll pin of appropriate length attached across the top of the door, but haven't had much luck yet.

Anyone have any suggestions? (Besides replacing the whole machine.) ;)

Dave