New Water Park Opening

stacey

I need some advice on getting into the amusement park vending.  A new water park is opening this summer and i thought this could be a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor and also maybe develop a secure and residual income from this account.  My question is if you were starting brand new and wanted this account how and who would you contact?  What type of machine would you offer cranes or what else?  Is there room for an independent vendor at parks?  I already know the soda's and snacks and any foods will be contracted out to the big guys.

Thanks

SW 

I already know the soda's and snacks and any foods will be contracted out to the big guys.

Thanks

SW 

Stacey,

Welcome to the board, its great to have you here.

I wouldn't be so sure that the soda and snacks are already contracted. I had a new big box retailer move into my hometown last month and I thought the same. However, I have not seen any new vending machines in the store yet. (They've been open a month now) This particular chain of stores usually have at least 3-4 beverage machines in their breezeway at their other locations plus some in the break room I'm sure. This prompted me to inquire with the local management and was told that they were indeed looking for a vendor and directed me to send my proposal to corporate.

Moral - Never assume a national contract until you actually see the machines there. If there is no machine you may have a shot. It wont cost you anything but the time involved in drawing up a proposal and submitting it.

Good Luck!

Steve

I would use cranes, and redemption machines. Stackers, etc.

However, be prepared to spend a very large amount of money to buy machines. Well over $10,000 to get enough, quality equipment to fill a game room.

Being new, can you support that? Buying 10 machines, and only operating 2-3 months a year, and then removing a game rooms worth equipment out?

Not to put you down, but if you had machines paid off already, I would say go. However, I recommend you place bulk equipment there, as it will be easy to take out after the park closes for the season.

Or request placement for 1 or 2 cranes only. I would do that. Once out of season, you will have to take them out.  Put them somewhere else, and buy 2 more to replace them next year (that is a good way to grow). And the cycle goes on.

Kyle

Great point, "NEVER ASSUME" seeing is believing. I'll keep a look- out who know's I may get lucky.

WOW 10K to fill a game room for only 2-3 months is a little over my head especially being a newbie...  I was really thinking more in the line of having one or two  games to start and maybe once I have more experience add on.  Bulk equipment seems like a great idea, however, I can't say that I've ever saw any at amusement parks not saying I havn't  I just don't remember seeing any. What kind are you referring to?

Thanks again guys for the great advise.