Break Rooms

remarcvending

I've heard a lot of talk lately about break rooms for locations, and I don't have many.  I'm wondering if I'm missing a big piece of the location pie.  If they are prime locations, are you guys getting them from a locator or on your own.  If on your own, where do you look? :shock: Thanks,

Most of my triples are in breakrooms. Like Tbird said, some do better than others. I have some that are doing AWESOME. I have one in a Bob Evans breakroom that is making $50 a month. One in a BJS breakroom that is making around $50. One in a Giant food breakroom that is around $50. I also have some that are only making around $12-15. It all depends

I just placed  a triple head in a breakroom at K-mart with 80+ employees.  I'm hoping it does well.

Brian

Brian,

You should do well with that. I have a KMart too and it does really well.

Steve

Brian and Steve,

How did you get the Kmart? Locator or go thru corporate HQ? We got a new one opening soon and I would love to get my triple in there. Any advice is helpful.

Thanks

15 Vendstars( awaiting a home)

5 Dentyne Ice (making quarters)

caserri wrote:

Brian,

You should do well with that. I have a KMart too and it does really well.

Steve

Steve, does your breakroom also have a full line snack machine in it? 

Bill I wrote:

Brian and Steve,

How did you get the Kmart? Locator or go thru corporate HQ? We got a new one opening soon and I would love to get my triple in there. Any advice is helpful. 

Bill, I used First Choice Locators to get the K-Mart location.  You can check them out in the Locator Reviews section.  I definetly recommend them.

Brian

I wonder how many locations are already taken up in a medium size city?  I mean, vending doesn't seem too new, so how realistic is it to be able to find new locations? For example, the break room at my brothers work already has a snack machine...

Brian,

Thanks for the reply. Waiting on current locator and see how he does by Tuesday. Will check out Kick Starters if this one doesnt work out.

14 Vendstars(awaiting a home)

5 Dentyne Ice(making quarters)

5 Dentyne Ice on the way

• 6 months later...

I have my first 5 machines placed in break rooms. I just placed 4 this morning and the other one I placed last Friday in a grocery store break room with 110 employees. I collected $15.50 today. Not bad for 1 week. It is an 8 selection U-Turn Terminator. Despite what others say, it took me 5 minutes to completely service the machine. Faster than I thought it would be. I am excited to see how my 4 new locations do. One is in a hotel employee lunch room (60 employees), one is in a fancy salon and spa (90 employees), one is in a Red Robin kitchen (112 employees - there is an article about a machine in an olive garden kitchen that did really good so I am cautiously optimistic about this location), and the fourth one is at a lawn care/landscaping company with 35 employees. Its in the office/break room where all the techs go at the beginning and end of the day so I am doubtful how well this location will do. Maybe though. Always optimistic :-) It will do better there then it would in my garage.

I have many break rooms and very glad to have them. None of them are blow-out locations, but they are consistent and stable and a good fit for charity machines. The biggest problem is that most of them will experience a "novelty spike" in the first 6 months. Sales will be very good at first and drop sharply when the novelty wears off and then rebounds a bit later on. Wait 6 months to get an accurate gauge on how your monthly average will really be. Another big problem is when another charity vendor places a machine with nuts - very popular with the blue collar male crowd.   Also, have never ever had a problem with a snack vendor getting me kicked out - to them we are just "small potatoes".

Jax

You're right Jax. I have had drop offs on all my break room locations. It starts the 2nd month for me usually. The importance of changing products etc. comes in at some point to boost sales.

I am in a lot of breakrooms and the results are mixed. One thing I am finding recently is most breakrooms have a full line machine and they are starting to match what I have in mine. M&I's, RP's, skittles, hot tamales, runts and of course m&m products are starting to show up in these machines in small bags. It's getting to be like selling tires out here guys!!

I do know you need a good number of employees to support the machine; a fresh product, a good handful, a variety of product to switch out and a clean machine.

I am working on a strategy to negate the competition.

Jim

I am in a lot of breakrooms and the results are mixed. One thing I am finding recently is most breakrooms have a full line machine and they are starting to match what I have in mine. M&I's, RP's, skittles, hot tamales, runts and of course m&m products are starting to show up in these machines in small bags. It's getting to be like selling tires out here guys!!

I do know you need a good number of employees to support the machine; a fresh product, a good handful, a variety of product to switch out and a clean machine.

I am working on a strategy to negate the competition.

Jim

Good for you Jim.  I have to put more work into strategy in these break rooms. 

I gave up on good and plenty ( I have enough here to give it another try however). I am now seeing those little M&I bags in every large machine. I will have to buy one to see how many are in each, vend is .75 or .85 cents. I'm starting to think this IS rocket science.;)

I put the good n plenty into my cablevision break room instead of Mike & ike. I joked with the manager that most of the kids working there probably have no clue what they are. He laughed and said that would mean more for him. First collection (3 weeks) was 9.00 so not bad, total for location was 52.75. We'll see if they catch on.

Philo

• 3 weeks later...