New to the business and forums

firemanpato

Just checking in here.  I'm new to the industry.  I just bought 9 used 1800  triples and am going to start placing them in a few weeks once I have time.  I've been reading alot on the forums and there's a lot of good info.  The only bad thing is why is everyone bashing the 1800 triples??   Yes, they are expensive if you buy them new, but they seem to be a decent machine.  All the beaver and NW machines I see out there look outdated and straight out of the '80's.  Although they do look very durable (hence why they look like they come from the '80's)  Just my two cents.

Anyways, not to start a flame war or anything.  Keep all the good info coming and hopefully I can build my route up to around 30-40 machines sometime this year.

Also, I'm in Utah so if you have any friends and family with business that like buying candy and gum, hook me up!!!

And wow, the black silouette profile picture looks just like me!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Fireman! Glad you found us.

I don't think anyone here is bashing the 1800 machine itself. The majority of the operators that I have spoken with actually love their 1800's. From what I gather, they are a very durable, easy to service and attractive machine. I think the problem most people have with them is the company behind the machine. If you can pick these up on the secondary market for less than buying direct and get them placed in the appropriate location, then I believe them to be fine machines.

And about the silhouette profile... We have just installed very sophisticated software here at VENDiscuss that actually reads what is called your "visual profile" directly from your fingertips. The forum uses special characterism algorithms to map out your facial features using data it receives from each keystroke. It collects all the data and creates a cyber rendition of your external nuances. This is then transferred to our external database in Swallencia, Montobatvia. Our technicians on site visually inspect each byte of your data and assemble them according to a pre-defined pletario formation. After this has been accomplished, they realize that there is no way to figure out what you really look like so they just throw up a default photo that could be anyone.

However it appears they may have hit the head of the nail with yours. :D

Enjoy the forum!

Steve