Please help me compose a EQUIPMENT LIST

eboniesmith

I'm reading Robert Kiyosaki's "Writing Winning Business Plans."  (great book, by the way!) As an attempt to calculate my start up cost, I'm trying to compose a list of equipment and supplies I'll need.

Thus far, I've come up with:

• vending machines (duh)
  • coin counter
  • IGLOO cooler (2)
Ok, don't ask me why I'm stuck.  Also, feel free to add to my other list:

EXPENSES LIST

• merchandise
  • ice (I read in an ebook called the Vending Jackpot that transporting merchandise in a cooler filled with ice saved the operator a lot of money and frustration from melted M&Ms and gumballs)
  • Gas
  • Marketing material (business cards, website, etc)
And PLEASE remind me of any other list I need to make LOL I've taken in so much information, and wirtten so many notes, it's all a blur once I try sitting down and getting it all together.  Thank you all for your help!

Well, you will probably want to pick out which charity you would like to use.  I personally use the National Children's Cancer Society.  http://www.nationalchildrenscancersociety.org/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?&pid=253&srcid=225

If you are just doing bulk candy vending, I personally don't think you would need a business website.  The coin counter also might not be necessary until further down the road.

How many machines are you looking to start with?  If you've been reading the boards for a while, then you should know to stay away from any biz-ops.

If you plan on using a locator to get your machines placed make sure you read through all the Locator Reviews.  This site is great and feel free to ask questions.

I haven't read that book, but I have read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" and it had a HUGE impact on me.

Good Luck!

Brian

Although I'd like to have charity contributed machines, isn't that method optional?

I'm looking to start with 3-5, just to get the hang of it.  Then, I'll expand.  Thanks for the tip and I should definitely do some more browsing of the forum. 

Also, you should definitely consider some of the other Rich Dad books.  Books like Cash Flow Quadrant and Who Took My Money elaborates on the concepts in Rich Dad Poor Dad.  As a matter of fact, you can say my pursuit of a vending business was born from the inspiration I got from reading Rich Dad Poor Dad!

Charity is optional.  Charity or commission is usually required to place a machine.  I do have one location that is neither charity nor commission, but I don't recommend that be your strategic plan.

Yea, I  read "Cashflow Quadrant" a while ago.  Also, "Guide To Investing" + "Why We Want You To Be Rich" with Donald Trump.  I'm constantly reading, so I'll have to check out some of his other stuff. 

"Rich Dad, Poor Dad" was where I first came across the concept of passive income.  Bulk vending is passive, but it definetly requires work.  

Brian

First, welcome to the board, Ebonie.

To add to your list of expenses:

Printer paper

Printer cartridge

Clip board (for route sheet)

Tools (screw driver, wrench, pliers etc. for assembling machines and changing product vend)

Product labels

Cleaning materials

As for coolers, pick up a cheap styrofoam cooler. One should be plenty. Don't spend money on ice. Get the ice packs and freeze them. One or two will be fine. I'm a specimen courier and believe me, the combination of styrofoam and one ice pack keeps the specimens real cool the whole day. Go from black panthers list. He pretty much covered just about everything.

Simple spredsheets are great to keep your records. Once you get 10 posts here, you'll have access to the member plus section. There's plenty of templates to use. You can modify them to your liking.

Remember to record every expense you encounter and get receipts. It comes in real handy at the end of the year for tax purposes.