Going to look at some U-turn machines.

Jimoutside

"How much does a rack cost? I don't see any available for sale used nearby. . ."

when you consider the ratio of racks you see out on location to the number of u-turns then look at what is available for sale that should tell you something. If more people are using racks but there are few available chances are they are actually being used u-turns not so much. however if you buy the route i have plenty of parts I can sell. You will need them

I will chime in on this one as well,  with experience

You can go ahead and use the cheapest crap machine made and secure a location.

crap is not limited to just vendstar there is a lot of crap out there.

U-turn, Rhino, L Y P C....

and dream of big dollars...

but its not going to happen...

If the route was making money they do not sell it..

Rule 1: 

Customers are germaphobes..

those nasty gray or Yellow machines reek of old and the first thing people think is how old is the stuff inside? 

if the outside looks this bad... there not spending there money

that's right you can paint a turd... its still a turd..

Rule 2:

Owners...  don't want to be bothered with anything... they have a business to run... employees... customers are #1...

NOT YOU..

They don't care that your paying them  $XX.00 a month for that spot.. its out of kindness.. at that level.

Unless you have machines paying them $300-$600 a month in commission its business level your paying his light bill.

then they will live with complaints mostly

Rule 2.1:   The more your machine breaks,  looks bad, Customers Complain.... the more the owners going to be

looking at Rule 2... and your gone..

VENDSTARS AND U-TURNS ARE PLASTIC... THEY BREAK ALL THE TIME

And when you get booted for installing crap...  you closed the door for a Real bulk vendor to come in the future.

because you have burnt the owner on problems, no money... etc.. 

Bulk vendors are the Cheapest bunch of people I have ever met in my life..

reading this forum proves the above statement,    they will write a thread over a $3.00 lock and where can I get it cheaper?

It costs less than $300.00 to build a A&A, Northwestern, OAK Or Beaver Triple on a stand..

That will make you more money in the long run.. more flexible products... worth more 10 years from now. and Improves the look

of the store lobby.. and still be worth $150.00 used any day.

I can give you example after example,

Last week,  went into a store  there was a RHINO  rack..  a cheep knockoff beaver, 

Store owner wanted it GONE  kept jamming and breaking  customers were complaining..

there was also a Vendstar triple..  

Both got the boot.. 

I carried them both to the backroom for the other bulk route owners to pickup

Now I have a Allstar 7 way with six sticker rack in the lobby.    with all Beaver machines..

and a crane going in soon.

Update 2015   

went into a diner,  they had a ford gum double... a vendstar charity bullshit machine and a U-turn 

I offered a small crane and 1 rack  1 vendor.. one payment...  

I am installing tomorrow..

That's 3 pissed off bulk vending guys in 1 strike...    boo-hoo   quit with the charity SCAMS and junk equipment..

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of buying used..

and I buy more equipment per month used than most.

but only buy the top 4 brands..

if you going to treat this like a business then do so, but being extremely cheep leads to no real profits.

its been proven time and time again.. appearance is everything

bottom line is you use a vendstar OR OTHER JUNK...  your losing money... period.   

you didn't save a dime buying a $11-$35 plastic crap.

your losing money on the location and possibly the location.

So, your call..

Another important Thing to keep in mind is...

A&A...    10 year span...  parts?    maybe a lock... new globe if hazy... $14.00 in parts..

Cheep knockoff?  10 year span...  IF YOUR LUCKY..    3 coin mechs..   $80.00   2 wheels... $20.00   lock? $3.00  New Globe  $11.00  Plus downtime... and lost incomes.. 

Lost locations?  PRICELESS!

Using cheep machines only does one thing.. 

Burning bridges for real operators by annoying the owner...  

Aka Vendstar Desease... OR V.D... to the owner.  

Then that location is locked out forever..   

I've had bulk vending it didn't work out.. always broken... cant change their minds.. never filled it... V.D..

bill

This is re-post of what i said years ago,,

So  go ahead give the guy $2500 for landfill

Then when a real bulk operator comes in and takes your accounts with real machines  

don't be surprised or shocked or mad Because I told you so..

I get new accounts every month from vendors who still use vendstars or U-turns..

Like I mentioned before, you might want to read more. look in the section for machine reviews. Heck, do a search for the equipment. I can almost guarantee those numbers are off. I've been using Uturns for 13 years. If you took my best 5 locations, it won't make that much. That's out of 70 uturn locations!

I have 17 U-turns on location and I average about 500-600 every 5 to six weeks

Archived