Help with hot tamales

Zigzag Vending

I have an lypc globe that has hot tamales in it and they sell well, but im noticing that they want to settle together and not vend. This is solved by a careful but firm shaking, but do they make an agitator for those machines? Im already doing the pam spray trick but i only do it when i add new product. Should I do it more often?

I have had some machines (like UTURN) with agitators in the past but unless they are cranking that thing alot it won't stop the sticking if it is really hot and humid. If the location isn't sufficiently air conditioned you will have problems with many candies sticking together or spoiling at an accelerated pace. In those types of locations I move to pressed candy (like Runts) that can handle the heat and I also reduce inventory levels of the more susceptible candies such as Hot Tamales and Mike & Ike's. When you fill them all the way up they will compress the lower candy and in no time you have a brick. You then have to ask yourself if it is worth the extra service cycles to keep the location. Anymore I will rarely put a candy machine in non air conditioned location because of the hassle. Gumballs  and chicle gum can work in hot locations but once again you want to keep inventory levels down to avoid the product compacting under it's own weight. Gumballs will melt if it gets hot enough.

Archived