Oak/eagle/Astro machines

Determined

Hi! I bought some machines off from eBay. They were supposed to be oak vista's but some of them have eagle and Astro mechs. I'm wondering what the physical difference in these machines are? I'm having an issue with the hoppers not lining up with the base causing them to miss vend.

The Astro machine is an Oak with a different chute door.  Oak made those for a charity organization some time ago.

The Eagle is a complete different machine copied from the Oak, the coin mechanisms are not that good.

I think the reason for the miss vend is the gear on the mechanism, with a deep gear you don't have any problems

with miss vends. if you put a eagle hopper on a oak body you may have issues, I know that the lids on the eagle don't

fit that well on a Oak vista.   If you are trying to buy used,  Oak has very good prices on used machines, all completely

refurbished.  Stay away from ebay or craigslist on used machines, you never know what you are getting

Yeah I got 6 machines for $100 including shipping. First time I've bought machines off eBay. 3 of them seem to work fine. I think I can get them to work with a little grinding. The hopper is hanging off the back like 1/16"-1/8" and needs to move forward. I guess I could always buy new hopper.

Archived