Member PLUS Section

caserri

Hello Members,

We have added a new category that will be reserved for, and viewable only by members who meet certain requirements. There will be forums added there in the future that can only be viewed by members with Member PLUS status.

Our first forum added is for machine revenue reporting. You can simply view others reports or, if you would like, you can add your fleet to this forum as well. You can report as much or as little as you desire. Daily, weekly or monthly numbers. Fleet as a whole or simple per head figures. The main goal is to provide each other with enough information to gauge how our own businesses compare.

In order to gain access to the new forums you must have a post count of 20 or higher.

I hope you find the new section fun and informative!

Dave,

I'm sure you wont be impressed with my numbers. Keep in mind I run a 100% charity fleet. I offer no commission to anyone so I believe my averages are lower than most.

Steve 

I would love to get you access abc. Lets see if we can get that count up to get you in.

How is the vending scene up in Canada? Do you have your machines on location? I read you primarily use Beavers due to the prohibitive costs associated with getting other machines across the border. Where are you getting your candy from?

I hope you can understand why we implemented the 10 post minimum. We wanted to add premium content to the site that would be available to regular active members. I'm not saying that you are not, or ever will be, an active member but we put this limit into effect so "lurkers", or people who never intend to be a part of the community, do not have access to that content. It also serves as a means to get people posting and joining in on the fun.

How did we come up with 10 as being the threshold? Well we wanted a number that is easily attainable. After all, we are not trying to limit any active members who desire access but we feel that 10 post would represent a desire to become an active contributing member here. It says to us that the member is not a "here today, gone tomorrow" member.

Lastly, I do hope that you understand what kind of position that would put me in if you had access with 4 posts. As you know, everyone will then be asking for access because I bent the rules for one, and so on. Before you know it, there will be no value in member PLUS and no incentive to achieve 10 posts.

With a little dialog here between the two of us you'll be at 10 in no time. Which brings me back to my questions about vending in Canada.

Steve

Not a problem, I understand completely.

I don't have my machines in locations yet, I am going to go out SAturday and hopefully get them placed.  I plan on getting my candy from Sams Club (we have some up here, one by my work).

Thats great! I wish you luck in your locating efforts. How is the market up there? Is there saturation or are there good locations still to be had? Don't get too discouraged if you get many "No's". It happens and you will hear "no" many more times than you get "yes."

Make sure you check back in and keep us all updated on your locating efforts. Tell us what seems to be working for you and what doesn't. Other members may be able to give you some great advice.

Steve 

Well, my plans for the weekend were scrubbed.  GF went out for the day, so I had some daddy-daughter time on Saturday.  Then yesterday I had a family thing.  For sure though this Saturday I am going to get out.  I need to get these machines out making money for me.  I am also going to try calling places after work when I get home. 

Family much more important then the money thing.

Try and bring your kids with you one time to a few local stops. I would not suggest any bars but a factory breakroom or a local store owner visit would be a nice way to show the kids whet Daddy/Mommy do during the day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I'm working on getting my ten post in and was running out of things to post on till I saw that abc17 was from Canada. abc17 where in Canada are you from?

sure whish everybody would post thier location in thier information screen:)

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After having qualified for and asking to join the Plus Section of VenDiscuss, some of the advantages have become more apparent. Not only is there more of the "more serious" Vendors, but there is such as a number of Vending Books to be perused, in addition to the various other informative options.

For an example, today, after having looked at most of the Vending Books, and reading more of some, the one book ... Small Change by "My Vending Uncle" was most interesting and informative, although it is written primarily from the viewpoint of a Snack and Soda Vendor, the concepts and principles are applicable to Bulk Vending, as well.

Other benefits are also available to the Plus Member, some of which may be quite interesting to the uninitiated: Informative articles, catalogs, and manuals ... both actual, and / or links to.

Joining should be a goal for the Basic Member, and making it better by contributions should be a goal of the Plus Member.

Archived