Chickens and Monkeys

havending

WARNING this post may contain offensive information to those who are opposed to making money.

Chickens have caught on operators across the country are seeing them pop up and every distributor is selling. Minor and myself are vocal about them but the fact is many operators are placing them all over. I have not tried a monkey yet but I will. Because its the concept that works and I want to try one out. I have a location in Chattanooga where the eggs bout sold out and the owner quickly asked me if I have more like the chicken. He wants it side by side. Now in this location I'm between the cashier and buffet not out near the other machines they see my machine for most of their visit. Operators are seeing these machine show up and some are loosing locations to them. Look at the poster in Chattanooga he's been a member for several months but just started to post and its clear by his post that he's concerned about the chickens he had show up in his back yard.

Look at the poster in Chattanooga he's been a member for several months but just started to post and its clear by his post that he's concerned about the chickens he had show up in his back yard.

Are you talking about Worth Vending's post:

"Ah, so you're the one putting these things out around here. Good to know."

Or this one?

"I'm not too keen on chickens. I suppose it's only a matter of time until you chicken people are after my locations too. So whats the best way to keep the chickens away? How can one give a chicken the boot?"

Are these the ones you are referring to as being "clear by his post that he's concerned about the chickens he had show up in his backyard" or is there a post I missed?

WARNING this post may contain offensive information to those who are opposed to making money.

Chickens have caught on operators across the country are seeing them pop up and every distributor is selling. Minor and myself are vocal about them but the fact is many operators are placing them all over. I have not tried a monkey yet but I will. Because its the concept that works and I want to try one out. I have a location in Chattanooga where the eggs bout sold out and the owner quickly asked me if I have more like the chicken. He wants it side by side. Now in this location I'm between the cashier and buffet not out near the other machines they see my machine for most of their visit. Operators are seeing these machine show up and some are loosing locations to them. Look at the poster in Chattanooga he's been a member for several months but just started to post and its clear by his post that he's concerned about the chickens he had show up in his back yard.

Ive been watching but I havent seen any of these chickens around me - None. The distributors may be carrying them but I talked with a large amusement operator out here and he never even heard of them. I dont know what the point of your post is. To me It sounds like a bad sales pitch. -better get one before you lose- etc.

In the end Its kind of a cool machine, I dont think its revolutionary to vending or anything like, say Redbox was. In a year it may well be forgotten, we'll see.

Are you talking about Worth Vending's post:

"Ah, so you're the one putting these things out around here. Good to know."

Or this one?

"I'm not too keen on chickens. I suppose it's only a matter of time until you chicken people are after my locations too. So whats the best way to keep the chickens away? How can one give a chicken the boot?"

Are these the ones you are referring to as being "clear by his post that he's concerned about the chickens he had show up in his backyard" or is there a post I missed?

He's been a member 10 months and is asking how to boot a chicken seems concerned to me or why did he ask. 3 of his total of 4 post were chicken related. I reached out to him to learn about him and maybe net work but not response. Maybe a troll who knows.

Ive been watching but I havent seen any of these chickens around me - None. The distributors may be carrying them but I talked with a large amusement operator out here and he never even heard of them. I dont know what the point of your post is. To me It sounds like a bad sales pitch. -better get one before you lose- etc.

In the end Its kind of a cool machine, I dont think its revolutionary to vending or anything like, say Redbox was. In a year it may well be forgotten, we'll see.

Sales pitch? I talked about the monkey also. Point was talking about EBV type vending. Not just chickens or monkeys. I'm on vacation and have been to 3 separate arcades all had redemption but no attendant. Tickets go onto a card and there is a large prize center where you insert your card and purchase prizes with tickets loaded on the card. So an amusement operator never heard of them who cares. I'm a bulk guy and I never saw the redemption center til now. Does that mean its not good or won't make money?

So 75% of his posts are chicken related.

I can think of a few members here who fit that description.

Maybe he's just trying to fit in.

Maybe I don't know. But he will see more and more show up I can promise that because its a great market.

To this day I still kick my self for not jumping on spiral machines quicker when they first started to hit the market. There was no way I wanted to spend 800 plus to sell gum. But I did start to buy them and have been rewarded nicely.

Any plans to modify the monkey machine to reduce the on-glass graphics or swap out the scary looking monkey?

Maybe clean up the glass but I have never seen one up close so we will see. I'm willing to spend the money to see if its good for me.

Maybe clean up the glass but I have never seen one up close so we will see. I'm willing to spend the money to see if its good for me.

If possible, I would think an improvement would be a less threatening monkey.

Maybe somebody like this dude...

41De9shDtrL.jpg

I just saw the All American Chicken that went up for sale already on Captin's Auction in Anaheim, CA. I have no clue what it went for but it was a new model with a DBA. I would have liked to see the bid's but I was on a plane ride home. I'll wait if they do catch on to buy them used at a quarter of the price!

I just saw the All American Chicken that went up for sale already on Captin's Auction in Anaheim, CA. I have no clue what it went for but it was a new model with a DBA. I would have liked to see the bid's but I was on a plane ride home. I'll wait if they do catch on to buy them used at a quarter of the price!

I guess your right what was I thinking. I should wait a year or two in hopes I find 10 or 20 of them beat up or broken on eBay. And have them all shipped single from various sellers because that is the way to compete in business. If I get all 20 with in two years I will only lose an est 120,000 in sales. But hey I saved 22 grand by buying them at your very unlikely 25% of retail.

C'mon havending...not everyone has to get in on the ground floor to make money.

Not everyone has to be on the cutting edge and jump on the next-best-thing just because 2 or 3 guys around here say so.

Different strokes for different folks.

I think it's the mentality you exhibited on the post above that has half our crowd (according to the running poll) sick of the AAC.

So you have both found and can afford to purchase and/or finance a fleet of these things.

Good for you. I wish you all the luck in the world.

But, to keep hammering on and on and on and on and on about this machine gives the impression that you are driven less by your wish to share a good thing and more about plain old advertising a machine.

I guess your right what was I thinking. I should wait a year or two in hopes I find 10 or 20 of them beat up or broken on eBay. And have them all shipped single from various sellers because that is the way to compete in business. If I get all 20 with in two years I will only lose an est 120,000 in sales. But hey I saved 22 grand by buying them at your very unlikely 25% of retail.

You know, the more I read your posts, the less interested I am in this Chicken machine and the more doubtful I am of your claims. You brag about your high earners and your ability to place them in any location you want and generally insinuate that anyone who isnt smart enough to get on the chicken band wagon now is losing out or foolish. Anyone who claims their chicken isnt making what yours are just dont know what they're doing.

Your like an anti marketing campaign.

You know, the more I read your posts, the less interested I am in this Chicken machine and the more doubtful I am of your claims. You brag about your high earners and your ability to place them in any location you want and generally insinuate that anyone who isnt smart enough to get on the chicken band wagon now is losing out or foolish. Anyone who claims their chicken isnt making what yours are just dont know what they're doing.

Your like an anti marketing campaign.

I simply posted the numbers doing it your way and mine. If anyone thinks its better to wait in hopes of getting used down the road and give up sales by all means do it. I have nothing to lose or gain. I just know I took that approach with the spiral and it hurt me. As far as being easy to place I can't recall a single post of anyone saying locations telling them no

I simply posted the numbers doing it your way and mine. If anyone thinks its better to wait in hopes of getting used down the road and give up sales by all means do it. I have nothing to lose or gain. I just know I took that approach with the spiral and it hurt me. As far as being easy to place I can't recall a single post of anyone saying locations telling them no

How are those spirals doing now compared to when they first came out?

Not so hot.

And you can't predict the life-span of a fad...which all new or revised machines are.

Therefore there is a RISK involved with any purchase of a new machine.

Risk, like in the stock market, has different levels...some are willing to risk more than others.

Why is it so bad that some people think the AAC is more risk than they are willing to assume?

Archived