DN5000 Problems

Wondering if I could get some advise on this machine.

My Dixie Narco DN5000 is not cooling.  I can feel a little bit of coolness and I don't see anything freezing up.  But it has been getting a bit warmer every visit.  It is a long way off, do you think it is best just to order a new compressor unit and temperature sensor or is it unusual for these things to fail after maybe 5 years?

Does it just slide out the front door?  I didn't see anything in the manual about how to remove the compressor.

I sometime get calls where there are two or three bottles on the belt and it won't try and move them off.  I can never catch it in the act.  Is this a problem with the bottle release or is this related to people trying to get a free coke? Or is it something else?

Also, are there some parts I should have on hand that usually start to wear that I should order?  Coke pays for the parts but I have to put them in.

Dixie Narco charges for phone support on this machine so I appreciate all of your help with this one. 

Thanks very much,
Russ

I would have coke look at it. Sounds to me it isn't shimed right, They could be shaking the vendor. If you are not keeping the glides clean and product is hanging up in the gate it encourages the customer to shake machine. Make sure you are cleaning the glides and the spray them with teflon spray.

036121191570lg.jpg

It is possible the evaporator is freezing up. If you can't see evaporator try unplugging cooling deck from inside vendor for 4 or 5 hours and then come back and see if there is water in drain pan. You might want to put a large pan underneath to catch any water that overflow from the drain pan. If there isn't any water upon returning then the cooling deck more than likely has a leak and will need replaced. If you have not done one of these you might want to see if there is a tech in your area and have them replace it for you.

Pull the compressor and take a close look at it. You can plug it into the wall to run it. Five years is on the low end of expected life, but not ridiculously so. To remove it, unscrew the large bolts on the bottom holding it in, remove the long panel on the front right side, and remove the plastic tab that holds the power cord to the side of the wall. Now it should slide right out. If it doesn't it might have a block of ice keeping it in place.

As for the bottles on the elevator;

1 ) Clean the port door really well. Does it open very easily? Gunk gets crusted on the side of that door, and if it's sticky enough that the door doesn't open easily, that can cause it.

2 ) Examine the bolts holding the elevator on the rail ( On the left side, looking in. ) Are any loose? Tighten them if so.

3 ) Is this a location that's pretty unsupervised? Unfortunately, if you search YouTube for "free coke from vending machine" one of the first things that pops up is someone demonstrating how to get three for the price of two on machines that don't have Grab mode turned on.  Now, all right thinking vendors have Grab mode turned on, so it doesn't work, but that doesn't stop the kids from trying it sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNWLxLMX3zM )

4 ) When you get there, and there are bottles on the conveyor, check the errors the machine is reporting. 

Thanks for the help on this machine.  I received the new compressor and still am a little unsure of how it installs. 

"To remove it, unscrew the large bolts on the bottom holding it in,"

Are these located underneith the machine?  Right under the compressor? 

"remove the long panel on the front right side,"

Do you mean inside the front door, on the bottem right?

I imagine it is easier then I am thinking but I just want to be sure. I couldn't really do the unplug and defrost test because it is too long of a drive.  I will implement the other advise and thanks for the help with all of this.

Russ

Grab mode is a absolute must for the 5000's, activating it virtually eliminated all of my problems with drinks on the delivery belt.

Be sure that you are cleaning the shelves regularly as well, dirt, grime and syrup will build up and prevent the drinks drinks from sliding out fast enough when the gates are activated and then get hung up on the end of the shelf and then the next time someone tries that selection 2 fall out and one stays on the belt after the first goes through the door.

Finally be sure to check that the elevator is still riding up and down on the guide on the right side. If someone has messed with the machine they could have popped it off the track or broken the little plastic guides which causes the right side of the elevator to to move front to back as it moved up and down and can cause a misalignment with the door and causing the bottles to get stuck on the elevator belt.

Archived